We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electricity/ plugs

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
495 posts
29 reviews
electricity/ plugs

Hiya,

if i were to buy an electronic item such as a psp or a digital camera, would i need anything special for it to be able to work in the UK? i know we use the same 3 pin plugs that are used in singapore but would i need any adaptors or anything if i wanted (for example) to charge the battery when i got home to the UK?

Thanks

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
324 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: electricity/ plugs

I don't quite understand the question. The plugs are the same and so's the voltage etc.

So if you want to get rechargeable batteries and a reacharger in Singapore, they would have the same 3-pin plugs as any appliance you buy in the UK, so they would work the same in both countries.

Am a bit thick today so please let me know if this does not answer your question...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: electricity/ plugs

hey vip,

welcome back :) flyinggirl is right, it is the same with UK so u r fine. U wont need any converter or adaptors.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
495 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: electricity/ plugs

hi de and flyingirl,

thanks for those 2 answers...yeh the question is a bit waffley, but then im off to KL and singapore on friday so my minds not all Here at the moment!!!

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: electricity/ plugs

Similar question, but coming from the USA. I already know i need a three-pin adapter for my plugs. Does Singapore use 220-24- volts?

many thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: electricity/ plugs

ol blue, this should help :

…pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

good luck

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
6. Re: electricity/ plugs

Bring your mind here to our cheery island, Vipster187.

And free it. :)

Welcome! :D

7. Re: electricity/ plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 19:17