We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bencoolen or Allson Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
14 reviews
Hotel Bencoolen or Allson Hotel

My wife and I will be in Singapore for two nights next February and are thinking of staying at either of the above hotels.

We don't anticipate spending a great deal of time in the hotel but would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has stayed at either especially with regard to cleanliness, location to public transport and areas of interest within walking distance.

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Bencoolen or Allson Hotel

Hi GeeBee53,

Hello from just down the western freeway (Melb - Ballan 50mins lol).

We have stayed at the Allson twice in 2002 & 2005 but weren't able to book again for our Jan 2008 trip.

We found it clean, comfortable and close to all we needed. The pool was good for afternoon cool down. Didn't interact with staff much except check in and out so no problems. Basically great value for money and we would stay there again anytime.

MRT short walk away at Raffles Plaza (?think that's correct name) or Bugis,

Hawker centre right next door where we ate in evenings a lot. Another food centre directly across the road under the residential units and the Kopitam round the corner in Bras Basah Road (Right to Kopitam or Left to MRT at Raffles Plaza

Our room look over the back of Raffles Hotel which is 2 blocks away,

Bugis night market short walk along Victoria Street. You can also walk to Suntec City and Marina area from there.

Hope this helps, I don't know anything about Bencoolen.

regards

cthink

2. Re: Hotel Bencoolen or Allson Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 01:16