We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving in Asia

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Scuba diving in Asia

Hi,

We are going to Singapore next August and want to travel on for a beach and scuba week, we are looked for an easy holiday so no long transfers nor do we want a young party area, so would like a nice hotel with a sandy beach and a decent (padi if possible) dive centre nearby. We fully expect the need for a flight out of Singapore, someone has suggested Nha Trang in Vietnam but I would welcome all advice.

4 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
241 reviews
1. Re: Scuba diving in Asia

how about Sipadan Malaysia, Kodomo Indonesia?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
281 reviews
2. Re: Scuba diving in Asia

Bunaken of Sulawesi

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Scuba diving in Asia

Many thanks for your ideas I’ll look into them our travel agent has suggested bali ??

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Scuba diving in Asia

Hi Jes,

Have a look at either Bunaken Island in North Sulawesi, Indonesia or Tulamben in Bali.

Bunaken is a bit furthe afield, but the island is small with beautiful beaches and no party scene, just a dive / snorkel scene! There is lots of great accomodation to choose from that fit around most budgets and PADI resorts too. I would recommend Panorama Dive Resort on Liang Beach, which looks out over Manado Tua volcano - amazing sunsets, cute bungalows, great dive centre, nice people! If you’re looking to chill and dive for a week this would be perfect.

If you like macro diving, Tulamben in Bali is really good (and easy to get to from Singapore!) Not so many sandy beaches since its volcanic, but its still incredibly beautiful. People come here specifically to dive not really to party! The Liberty Wreck is a fantastic dive, it can get busy at times but my advice is to go after 8am or around 4pm ;) The North Eastern area of Bali as a whole is awesome, still untouched by tourism and a great cultural experience.

I write a travel / snorkel / dive related blog which may help with your plans. I shall leave you the link below to our Bunaken Travel Guide:

https:/…

Hope this helps :)

Claire.

Reply to: Scuba diving in Asia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted