We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend breaks from Singapore

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend breaks from Singapore

Can anyone recommend places that can be easily reached from singapore that would be good for a weekend break?

I'm looking for places that are cheap to get to, preferably by overland travel, and have good attractions like beautiful beaches or culture!

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend breaks from Singapore

Langkawi?

www.langkawi.com.my/Getting-to-Langkawi.html

Pulau Lang Tengah?

www.malaysiaislandresorts.com/location.html

Tioman?

www.balihaidivers.net/index.php…

Can try Bali too

Cheers ^__^

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend breaks from Singapore

There is Bintan Island also that is a part of Indonesia. The visa is USD $10, the ferry is reasonable cost return and takes about 50 minutes one way. The resorts are about 10 minutes from the ferry terminal and most include free transfers. Beach best time from April to October and some good tour options available too.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend breaks from Singapore

most of the really beautiful overland beaches in malaysia, like terengganu and redang are seriously far.

so might as well consider phuket or phiphi. u can always fly budget to these more exotic locations for bout. 50 quid return.

or u can drop by bangkok, for 50 quid as well, juz in time before suan lum closes and be there for chatuchak!!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend breaks from Singapore

Depends on what you want.

For a city break then Bangkok or KL are easily and cheaply reached. How about Sabah on Borneo for diving or just living in luxury in a 5* hotel (I stayed at the Shangri La Tanjung Aru and it was beautiful) or even Sarawak (I love Kuching!). Indonesia is fine but I wouldn't want to pay visa fees 'just' for a weekend!

Ari

5. Re: Weekend breaks from Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 16:18