We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family hotels in Singapore

england
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Family hotels in Singapore

We are a family of four with two young children aged two and five, travelling to Singapore for two days, three nights in August. We're looking for a family friendly hotel with a swimming pool and large family room for all four of us. I love the look of the Shangrila but it's double our budget. I also like the look of dresort as the family themed rooms look fun, but the area looks a bit strange and it doesn't have great reviews. Any personal recommendations?

9 replies to this topic
1. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 January 2018, 23:01
Edited: 01 January 2018, 23:01

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,854 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

If you plan to visit the city then D'Resort location is not convenient IMO.

Jen Orchardgateway has family rooms, it is well located in lively Orchard road and has a nice pool with a dedicated area for young kid: https:/….

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,925 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

Just removed my posting above as I have just updated that Family Accommodation list and put it into a Google Doc:-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18b7AUzII…

Still some more research and additions to make to the list when I have time, but it contains a lot to start looking at.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,617 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

I go with the Fairmont, and my kids are a bit older than yours. Free rollaway bed for 1 child and there is a day bed that works for younger children,

5. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 January 2018, 02:04
Edited: 02 January 2018, 02:04

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8,394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

Have a look at Swissotel Merchant Court (2nd connecting room at 50% off), Swissotel The Stamford (similar offer but take note there are ongoing renovations in some parts of the hotel), Furama Riverfront (kids' theme family room; great buffet breakfast; location is ok if you don't mind taking buses or taxis as it is 10-15min drive from downtown attractions), the Executive Suite at Furama City Centre and the family room at 30 Bencoolen.

Level Contributor
581 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

Holiday inn atrium executive suite at 53sqm. Is a kids friendly hotel where kids stay and dine free. Price is reasonable too.

england
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

Thank you for all your helpful messages, I'll have a look.

london
Level Contributor
317 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family hotels in Singapore

My kids r 2 and five and we didn't look for family rooms.

I contacted a number of hotels including Shangri la to ask if j could book for 2 adults and just bring the kiddies and they all agreed

It was cheaper 2 book a room for 2 adults and write 2 kids under 5 in the comments/notes

Reply to: Family hotels in Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted