We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to go to/from Cebu and Bohol

NSW, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cheapest way to go to/from Cebu and Bohol

I am about to go to Cebu and then visit Bohol and I noticed that there are three ferry companies that operate the fast ferries between Cebu and Bohol.

Anoyone help me with choosing the cheapest (or best)ferry service?

Is there a timtetable somwehere which tells me when they leave Cebu or Bohol, how long it takes to get there, and a price for the trip??

Also what is the baggage limit that you are allowed to take on the ferry before you have to pay excess baggage charges?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Bohol Province, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,176 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to go to/from Cebu and Bohol

John, the hydrofoils (fast ferries) typically take an hour and three quarters each way.

There are three operators: OceanJet, SuperFerry and Weesam Express. Do a Google search for their sites.

In total there are about 10 departures each way a day.

Fares are not expensive. There was a previous thread about excess baggage charges on fast ferries: from memory, the limit is 30kg per passenger with excess baggage charges then applying.

2. Re: Cheapest way to go to/from Cebu and Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island