We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excess Baggage Charges on Ferries

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Excess Baggage Charges on Ferries

Hi,

I'm planning a dive trip to the Visayas in Feb/Mar 2010. The Dive Company I'm booked with includes transfers from Alona Beach to Cebu City, but they say they don't include Excess Baggage fees.

From what I hear, the baggage allowance on ferries can be as low as 10Kg - and with our Scuba gear, we'll probably have almost 30Kg each.

I'm guessing that Excess baggage fees aren't going to be high, but I can't find any reference to them on any of the Ferry company sites.

Can anyone tell me roughly how much we should expect to pay per kilo?

Thanks,

Neil.

Mentioned in this post
Visayas
Visayas
Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
2,164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excess Baggage Charges on Ferries

The three companies (Ocean Jet, SuperFerry and Weesam Express) operating the faster services between Cebu and Tagbilaran City, Bohol, all operate fast ferries - in Australia we would call them 'hydrofoils.'

I have never seen anyone charged for excess baggage. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course.

Mentioned in this post
Tagbilaran City
Tagbilaran City
Bohol Island, Philippines
BURLINGTON
Level Contributor
785 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excess Baggage Charges on Ferries

We took the Ocean Jet ferry from Bohol to Dumaguete this past March and had to pay for excess baggage. We were only allowed 30kg between us and had 70kg, ended up paying something like 400pesos for the extra 40kg and 150 pesos for the porter who took our luggage to the boat. We also had to pay a departure tax. Hope this helps.

3. Re: Excess Baggage Charges on Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2010, 07:25
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island