We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report on 4D3N Bohol Trip

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Report on 4D3N Bohol Trip

Hi. Like to share how my first Bohol Trip went. May 30 to June 2, 2009.

Day 1 Took the 8am PAL flight to Bohol. Stay at Amorita Resort,and just chilled out and enjoyed the resort's amenities for DAY 1. Their infinity pool was great 1 Resort food is so so. So we checked out the good eats suggested by fellow tripadvisors for our dinner. First stop, Trudi's Place. the food was great, wide ranging and inexpensive. Value for money talaga.

DAY 2 We were able to book for a COASTER from the Travel Treats Travel Agency (cheapest out of all DOTC accredited agencies canvassed- 5K for an 8 hr. Bohol Countryside Tour) since we are a party of 16 people, we need a big vehicle in order to have comfty seating. They promptly picked us up 9 am and was able to do all the must stop, must see and must do experiences. Thanks to hibj 08 for the riverwatch resto Loboc Cruise tip. Food was ok, there was shrimp, squid, fried chicken,noodles, fresh fruits and their cuchinta was really delicious. For dinner, we tried out Hayahay Pizza, pizza and seafood was ok , just a little expensive. Just don't order any soup, because all are of them are the ready made Knorr variety, magawgaw and very salty, their mashed potato is no good also, my son said texture like " nabasang polvoron" on the bland side. eeewww.

DAY 3 Woke up really early around 5am, ordered packed breakfast from the resort the night before. Thanks again to hibj 08 help. Mang Henry was able able to pick us up from the ALONA BEACH AROUND 5:45 AM, we hired the boat for 4500 pesos. And his brother Mang Ceasar, the captain of the big, clean, fast boat really delivered the goods, We were able to see dolphins after 1 hour of sailing on the Bohol Sea, so many dolphins, small cute ones mga 4 ft body length, there must be 50 of them swimming along side our boat, the kids had a blast. After catching sight of the dolphins, most of our group went snorkelling after eating our packed breakfast in Mang Ceasar's boat, we transfer to small banca for 150 pesos per head. The boatmen did not take us to the Balicasag Marine Sanctuary, because according to them, this time of the year because of the Habagat winds, that side of the Island have big and choppy waves, so we have to content ourselves on the opposite side, saw lots of marine life also while snorkelling. After an hour of snorkelling, Mang Ceasar set us on course to the Virgin Island. Actually Virgin Island with its pristine sand is actually a sandbar, we were able to collect a lot of different kinds of shells and relocated a handful of starfishes here and there. The best actual beach experience we had in Bohol, we stay for around 2 hours at the Virgin Island. Since the sun heat is quite enervating, we opted to return to Alona Beach, had lunch at Trudi's Place again, just as satisfying as the night before and just as cheap. We were originally planning to eat at the Roderick & Vivian's Place, However, they served grilled items for dinner only. To escape from the heat of the day, most of us spend siesta in the resort and go swimming in the infinity pool again from 4-7pm. Hard to be a city slicker, all those seaweeds lining the Alona Beach is a big turn off. I hope the resort association at the Alona Beach area join together to have the beachfront area cleaned up on a daily basis, the water is beautiful and more clear than that of Boracay but the seaweeds are far too much to be able to have a good swim, quality of sand on the beach front is inferior to that of Boracay. So it's the resort pool for us again. This time for dinner, we went to Lost Horizon's ,place looks nice, so does the food spread. However, the maxim of of "Don't judge a book by it's cover" got us. Food taste bad especially the grilled items like the chicken barbeque was served cold and I believe it was not well marinated like that of Trudi's, because it taste very bland. The pork liempo was also served cold and super charred, our 2 orders went to waste , nobody ate it, complain it to the one in charge, - no action, no discount, no refund nor even a "Sorry po^ for the crappy liempo even for the fact our food bill reached around 6000 pesos, this Lost Horizon has absolutely no customer service consciousness. You are warned. There are better places to eat.

DAY 4 Everyone woke up late , booked from the same tour agency a coaster to take us to the Bohol Bee Farm at 10:30am, we paid 2,000 for the 3 hour coaster rental. The children have a fear factor moment during the Bee Farm Tour, they were asked to hold a panel of man made hive swarming with bees for a photo session, really nice educational tour. And the buffet lunch we prebooked at the Bohol Bee Fatm, the food is really as delicious as everyone said it would be. Delicioso, Adult 420 php, kids 210 php. We bought a lot of pasalubong at their store, should have bought more yummy bread spreads, maybe, i will ask them to Fedex me some when my supply runs out. After leaving the rustic Bohol Bee Farm, Amorita allowed us a late check out, left Amorita Resort around 3pm and hello Manila around 6:30pm

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Sun Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Sea Drake Island Cruises
Day Trips, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling
Drift Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
makati city
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Report on 4D3N Bohol Trip

4,500 for a boat rental for 16 person? i think thats too expensive coz my cousin who went to bohol with her friends, there were 25 of them had rented a boat good for 30 person for only 3,500....

12. Re: Report on 4D3N Bohol Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island