We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

layover time

Raton, New Mexico
11 posts
layover time

Hi guys!

I have a flight going back to usa, from my flight to butuan city to manila airport, I only have 2 hours and forty five minutes layover in manila to clear immigration, custom and airport transfer before my scheduled flight to LAX, will that be enough?

Thank you!

10 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,460 posts
2,254 reviews
1. Re: layover time

Which terminal, which airlines?

I would not consider a domestic to international connection on the same day.

Edited: 04 May 2018, 06:24
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,264 posts
254 reviews
2. Re: layover time

Not a problem if you book it as a connecting flight ticket thru Philippine Airlines. If you booked it as 2 separate tickets then a big headache could be a possibility.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: layover time

This will give you details of flight connections, but let us hope your flight is not delayed, as many of them are late. Also some airlines are changing terminals in the coming months so double check your schedule. I live in Palawan and i allow 5 hours for my domestic/international connections, just in case of delays.

Recently i had two different friends fly out of Puerto Princesa recently. They were both on Cebu Pacific flights and both were delayed for two hours, so you have been warned!

Raton, New Mexico
11 posts
4. Re: layover time

PAL and from terminal 3 to terminal 2

Raton, New Mexico
11 posts
5. Re: layover time

PAL and from terminal 3 to terminal 2

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
668 reviews
6. Re: layover time

i made a very recent booking with pal. previously even if the 2 tickets are booked separately, pal will work to have you check through. but on my recent booking, ticket office told me that if it is not ticketed together, each way will be treated as separate, requiring going through the whole process as two independent flights.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: layover time

If it is all the one booking, the minimum connection time is 2 hours. So if there is a delay, it will be up to PAl to look after you.

https:/…ConnectingFlights

Raton, New Mexico
11 posts
8. Re: layover time

They are ticketed together does that mean that i only have to check in my bagage once and would just check them out in my final destination?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,460 posts
2,254 reviews
9. Re: layover time

<<They are ticketed together does that mean that i only have to check in my bagage once and would just check them out in my final destination?>>

Yes, correct!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,264 posts
254 reviews
10. Re: layover time

One advantage of buying that ticket as a connecting flight is that in case you miss your LAX flight and it is not your fault then it would be the responsibility of PAL to put you on the next available flight without costing you anything. If needed they will also provide you meals and accommodation.

Upon landing in Manila there will be an announcement that connecting flight passengers should proceed to the TRANSFER DESK.

Edited: 04 May 2018, 13:52
Reply to: layover time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted