We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Jakarta

Which Jakarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Topic
1 night in Jakarta

I will be in Jakarta for one night in July, thereafter Bandung for 2 nights.

Need advice on hotel in Jakarta. Can someone recommend reasonable hotels around shopping malls and market but with least traffic jam?

Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
44,017 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

pedderred, hello

<<t but with least traffic jam? >>

With less traffic jams i can recommend ANOTHER city.................LOL.

But if you agree to see traffic problems everywhere and enjoy them ( LOL), please state your budget / room/ night?????

In IDR or USD ( MYR are not welcome).

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

budget around USD100 please. Tq.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,017 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

Fave hotel

Ibis Thamrin

Ibis Arcadia

Crowne Plaza

Best Western

novotel

HARRIS Suites FX Sudirman

Akmani Hotel

Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar

Le Grandeur Mangga Dua

Morrissey

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

Which one of these hotel is the closest to shopping mall? Which shopping mall is that?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,017 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

All of them are close to different malls.

Highly recommended:

Crowne Plaza ( for easy access to/ from airport, strategic location, room quality, facilities etc)

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

Thank you for yr time. Which shopping mall is near to Crowne Plaza? Is it also near to eating place? What about night life? Which is the nearest to Crowne Plaza? Any market near to Crowne Plaza? What's the name? Sorry as I have only 1 night, I need to maximise. Thank you again.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,017 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

shopping/ eating/ night life/ market - ALL THESE for one night stay??????????

Are you serious?

@@@@@@

1/ closest mall - Plaza Semanggi. Also nearby: One Pacific Place, Plaza Senayan, FX plaza, Senayan City

2/ Plaza Semanngi ( 3 min walk) is stuffed with eating places for all pockets.

3/ Kamasutra night club is one of the best in the city and also in-house venue in Crowne.

4/ no night market in JKT

5/ <<I need to maximise>> Believe me. the ONLY thing you need is to STAY CALM.....................LOL

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

There are a few nightclubs popular among Indonesian kids.. Dragonfly (closest) at Graha BIP.. There are also X2 and Red Square at Plaza Senayan.. they are open from wednesday night until saturday night.. These clubs are just a short cab away from Crowne Plaza.. Regarding kamasutra club, never been there but might find out someday.. Haha..

You can probably do eating, shopping and nightlife in one day since Plaza Semanggi in closeby.. But no markets worth visiting around Jakarta IMO..

Edited: 02 March 2012, 03:13
Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

Thank you! What about market during the daytime? Is there any nearby within walking? Considering the traffic jam in Jakarta, I will just walk to nearby places.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 night in Jakarta

There are no traditional markets around Crowne Plaza within walking distance.. Jakarta doesnt have a 'nightmarket' culture compared to Malaysia or Singapore.. Most are just temporary stalls but they are mostly located in the 'outskirts' and the usually come unannounced.. There are a few traditional markets on the 'outskirts' but they sell mostly groceries, but they are not for tourist and very dirty, they are open early morning..