We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Canning Vale W.Aust
Level Contributor
242 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Has anyone seen the BBQ guys on legian beach?

If so, what is the closest landmark?

Ive only seen them at Jimbaran Bay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
732 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Yeh there always out the back of the JAYAKARTA , Waiting for people to come out of the hotel and people walking past , But one tip don't use there butter mixes garlic butter etc,My mate who is Balinese said it can make you sick, Yes I have tried it but never again people might disagree but its something to think about. And only eat the fresh ones don't get the pre cooked / 1/2 cooked ones.

SansSouci
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

As peter p's reply there is a cart just a tad south of Jayakarta beach entrance they stand on the paved path & further along the path you should find a couple more beach end of Jl Padma/Jl Melasti.

We bought corn from a cart on Jl Pantai Kuta close to Jl Benesari.

Corn without the butter ain't corn.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
216 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

They are definitely down the beach end of Padma St, right next to the Padma Resort

Perth
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

I agree with Sumahama. You can't eat corn without the butter. I've never been sick eating from a corn cart, if you do it's probably more likely because you don't wash your own hands before you eat as you would in a restaurant.

Just enjoy it, one of my favourite simple pleasures in Bali.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

We have eaten the corn many times with the butter and never gotten sick. Its the only street food from a cart I will eat as i do get sick easily.

Perth
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Had many a corn with butter and chilli from the very cart out front of Jayakarta last week. Tasted brilliant! Recommend washing it down with a cold Bintang from Raymond's bar behind the cart on the beach.

Canning Vale W.Aust
Level Contributor
242 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Thanks y'all,

We are staying near the Padma, so this location will be handy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
732 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Hello all, In relation to the butter , I have had the corn with butter from these guys out the back of the JAYAKARTA , But a mate of mine who sells things out the back right next to these guys told me to watch it as he got upset tummie, this is coming from a local, I am just passing the info on as it was passed on to me from a local. Its what we come on here for to get advice where we take it on board its up to ourselves. PS you cant beat our Aussie corn NO WAY, Its more juicier . But one more thing if your not sure on the butter take one from the hotel and put it on yourself. All advice is good advice.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
12,138 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

Is it really butter they are using? I've always thought they used Blue Band "margarine." It holds up in high heat and lasts without refrigeration.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BBQ Corn on the Beach - Legian

I doubt it would be butter :). Hmmm corn. I love the stuff. Mine has too have the chilli concoction stuff as well. Omg I live for the moments I see these guys. I just can't make it the same at home.