We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2013

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
New Years Eve 2013

I will be in Bali for NYE 2013 with teenager children, not all of who are over 18. Where could we look at going as a family where there is entertainment and lots of fun but without too much of the real go-hard revellers?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
200 reviews
1. Re: New Years Eve 2013

Hi Lisa

We will be in Bali for New years this year with teenage children who are not 18. What did you end up doing and do you have any suggestions for us?

Thanks

Tracy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
2. Re: New Years Eve 2013

Hi Tracy

We walked only about 300m down the beach to a bar/restaurant called Envy which is part of the Holiday Inn at Tuban. We had cocktails poolside and instead of moving on to Legian, we stayed for dinner also. It was very entertaining as a lot of the local kids were setting off their own fire crackers during the evening as well you could see fireworks going off all around the bay. Our hotel was the Patra Jasa which I wouldn't ever recommend. Tuban is not the best area so if I were to go again I would stay in Seminyak. Im sure there are many beachside restaurants that you could go to and do a similar thing.

3. Re: New Years Eve 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 07:35
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
4. Re: New Years Eve 2013

We stayed for a few days at The Padma which was absolutely fantastic so moving on to the Patra Jasa was like going back in time. We stayed in the very roomy Royal Villa but that and the whole resort in our opinion, is in need of an overhaul. The breakfast was very poor also. We couldn't believe it when we asked for some tea and were pointed in the direction of where you could go get your own. Service was nothing in comparison to The Padma and we could only put it down to a management problem that ripples all the way through the service staff. Hmmm, even remembering the pool - it had nothing happening, no music etc. Different people I guess like different things, but would definitely not stay again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: New Years Eve 2013

Ahhh, yes. When you compare any hotel in Bali to the Padma it is likely to come up short. The Padma is something of an enigma on this forum, where if you can afford to stay there you shouldn't try anywhere else.

6. Re: New Years Eve 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15