We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time family in Bali

4 posts
2 reviews
First time family in Bali

Our family of 4 with an 8yr boy and 10yr girl are going to Bali for the first time 2014. Any recommendations for great affordable accommodation with kids club or child minding services? Also any great places or experiences highly recommended for the kids. Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: First time family in Bali

I think the Dynasty hotel in Tuban (south Kuta) has kids club. But it is busy and not cheap.

Must do for kids is waterbom park (google it). They have a special kids water play area they will love. And and Bali Safari Park. The safari park to a great tour of all the animals, do a few special animal shows and also have a small water playground and kids rides. Great day out with young kids.

I have also heard of a new water playground/slide park south of Tuban somewhere. Possibly in Jimbaran. I hear it is good for young kids and is really cheap.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: First time family in Bali

In order for us to help you you have to give us some more information about yourself.

What is your budget per night, what time of year are you going, how long are you going for and what do you want to do on this holiday as far as activities.

With these answers we can suggest the best area/s for you to stay in and some nice accommodation options.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: First time family in Bali

http://www.newkutagreenpark.com/

4. Re: First time family in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 09:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: First time family in Bali

Ida, I have reported your post as advertising, as your blog (the attachment of which is against the forum guidelines anyway in this manner), is full of advertising.

6 posts
6. Re: First time family in Bali

Definitely the family room at Bali dynasty it is close to waterbom park and discovery mall. Very family orientated, kids will make friends quickly. You can hire a driver for $40 - $60 Australian dollars a day. A trip to the rice fields in ubud is a great day trip and the kids will love some of the stop offs.

4 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: First time family in Bali

We're booked for March 14-28 next year. We want to spend the least amount in accom (around $2000) as we don't need fancy accommodation as we plan on being out and about most of the time - we see it as just a place to sleep- , just a nice pool for the kids & maybe a child minding if we want to go out one night. Close to the beach, malls & restaurants is ideal. We want to take the kids to the zoo, elephant rides, shopping, shows & any beach activities.

perth
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
246 reviews
8. Re: First time family in Bali

I think you will be struggling to get anywhere with a kids club with that budget ($142 per night) you could try holiday inn as they do have a good kids club and allow 2 kids under 14 in your room. they often do good specials

no kids club, try kuta townhouses and get a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. or 2 rooms at a cheap hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
9. Re: First time family in Bali

You can organise child minding if you want to go out one evening from any resort, just ask the staff to arrange it for you. And with your comments on just seeing the place as somewhere to sleep, do you really kids club during the day (as this is when kids clubs operate)?

That being the case, I would look out for specials at the Mercure Sanur (does have a kids club) as this should be under budget and they do have family rooms.

Places that are under budget all the time for you are the 2 bedroom villa at Sanur Beach Villas, Bumi Ayu Bungalows, Villa Puri Ayu s bedroom villa, Paneeda View, Sativa Cottages.

All these places are in Sanur, close to the beach and closer to all the activities you have listed so you won't be stuck in traffic getting in and out of the more southern areas.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: First time family in Bali

As our experience for the family your kids my suggestion is visit waterboom park and Bali safari marine park, they kids could come to the nature and enjoy playing with the animals and water activities