We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

What's the best place to go and do you need to book ahead etc,

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

For me it was the Ibu Oka outside of Ubud in Peliatan. Just as good as the original but less crazy busy. It's been a couple of years though, so I'm prepared to stand corrected (and take notes for next years trip!)

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,600 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

Babi guling is available wherever there are Hindu Balinese - in other words, you will see it in many places and you can just walk in off the street and order a serving. The meat may be served with blood sausage, fried innards, lawar (vegetable), crackling and a soup - all the pig is utilised. The price is variable - specially for tourists - from 10,000 rupiah upwards.

Personally I would find a quieter venue than Ibu Oka's various establishments which are around the Ubud area.

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

Ibu Oka is too crowded and the access there is crazy as hell. Unless if you stay in Ubud it's not advisable to go there. Denpasar (the capital city of Bali) has many reputable resto that sell babi guling like chandra, and hang tuah babi guling.

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

Thanks for your replies.

5. Re: Best place for Babi gooling aka suckling pig

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18