We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
49 reviews
New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

My partner and I are going in September for 2 weeks - he likes to sit on beautiful beaches, and relax, while I like shopping and adventure. We will probably try and stay at a few different spots, there are so many opinions and loads of information out there, but simply put - where is by far the prettiest beaches and hotels to stay in and best for the above shopping & adventure? Price is not really a concern, we just want the best holiday we can get.

I appreciate any advice people can offer? :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Bali isn't really a beach destination, in that it doesn't have the prettiest beaches and you certainly aren't going to find a pretty beach with shopping and adventure in one spot.

Having said that, there are some wonderful beaches that you can travel to or stay at, but you won't find much in the way of shopping and adventure at them as well. Look at Padang Padang Beach on the Bukit Penninsula and White Sand Beach on the north east coast.

For shopping and adventure I would suggest the Seminyak area. The beach here is a surf beach and not the ugliest out there either, lol.

Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Beach Walk, Discovery and Galleria are big Shopping Malls. There are also lots of shops in Kuta Square. Ubud also has fantastic shops.....but for the most fun go to one of the markets and barter, it's practically a non contact sport and brilliant fun !!!

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Hi Padang Padang beautiful you could spend the day here or incorporate a day trip to ulawatu temple and Nusa dua. Shopping for name brand discovery mall is convenient but prices and just a tad under Aussie Prices. Miss Debbie's or Ketuts in Garlic lane is fixed price with heaps of variety so u can get a feel for how much things cost. Bartering is fun but hard work when your a newbie. Lots of beautiful places to see Resorts are better than beaches but a massage on the beach is of course a must! Enjoy!

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
610 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Nusa Lembongan is stunning but no shopping there .

14 posts
5. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Nusa Dua has beautiful resorts with private beaches, check out St. Regis or Nikko Bali, a bit away from the shopping but taxis are cheap, plus most of the resorts run a shuttle bus to various shopping places.

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Nusa dua has one of the best beaches in Bali. and most of the hotels there provide free shuttle to Bali collection shopping centre. You can also do some watersports there like banana boat, jet-ski, para-sailing etc (If you consider them adventure). Perhaps for real adventure you can go to West Bali National park where you can check out the forest as well as the beach at the Menjangan Island which is pretty much unspoiled and in my opinion the best beach in Bali.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

I'm also a Padang Padang beach fan. It is not just sand and water like many. It has cliffs with tropical vegetation, large rock outcrops and monliths, caves, Bintang, snorkeling is ok not great, and even monkeys.

Nusa Lembongan is also great for beach and snorkeling and Bintang.

singapore
Level Contributor
420 posts
8. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

For best swimming beaches in Bali,don't miss Padang Padang beach as we rated no.1 and no.2 we said Geger beach at Nusa Dua.

singapore
Level Contributor
420 posts
9. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

For best swimming beaches in Bali,don't miss Padang Padang beach as we rated no.1 and no.2 we said Geger beach at Nusa Dua.

Copacabana
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
10. Re: New to Bali, where's the prettiest beaches & best shopping?

Balangan on the Bukit peninsula is my favourite beach in Bali it's absolutely gorgeous!