We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

Paraburdoo...
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

Hello all we are returning in January.

But this time we are going to Lombok for a few days.

Just wondering from people that have done this before.

What airlines to use or is going by boat a better option.

It will be for 6 of us. Kids between 10-17 and us 2..

Thanks Tanya

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
166 reviews
1. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

We found flying to be an easy and relatively cheap option ($50 return). Lion Air has a number of flights each day, flight time is 20 minutes. It is possible in January that you would encounter unsavoury weather on the high seas.

Domestic Departure tax from Bali is 40,000 and from Lombok is either 20,000 or 25,000 (I forget which) rupiah.

Enjoy your holiday!

Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

We flew one way and came back on the boat. Everyone was sick except me. It was quite rough.

Wendy

Perth
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
3. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

We to are going to Lombok in August ive book the flight there with Garuda $40 each. We then are staying a week in Kuta then going to Gilli T.

I was going to book a fast boat to Bali but I think I will fly back. Im so not good on boats. I think in the end travel time will be about the same.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

With the new direct flight from Perth to Lombok you might save time and money by flying direct to Lombok then to Bali and home from there, or visa versa.

Paraburdoo...
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

Hi Catalyst

Just wondering which airline does the direct flight. As we want to do Lombok at the beginning of holiday.

Thanks.

I forgot about the time of year and the seas. May have to be a flight. Thanks for that. Will look for airlines.

Thank you

Tanya

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

Except if you plan to stay at the Gilis flying is a better option. It is safer and and not far too expensive compared to speed boat. Speed boat can be very expensive if you don't have agent rate. I normally use speed boat since i can get agent rate, but otherwise i'll choose air over sea.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
166 reviews
7. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

Jetstar have a service from Perth direct to Lombok.

8. Re: To fly or boat to Lombok that is the Question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18