We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is August a good time?

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Is August a good time?

Hi everyone!

Last year on October I went to Samui and I loved it. So I decided to visit Bali as well. I am planning a for August. Is it a good time considering the weather? How many days do you think will be enough?

Thank you so much

5 replies to this topic
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Is August a good time?

Yes, August is a great time to be in Bali and as for how long, that cannot be answered. You could spend months in Bali, but it is up to you and what you want to see and do. I would think at least 2 weeks is a good starting point - https:/…Weather.And.When.To.Go.html

and https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,606 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Is August a good time?

Hi Shakiba and welcome to the Bali forum. In terms of weather then August is normally very good, but it is high season so expect Bali to be busy.

How many days depends on how many days you can spare, your budget and the rest of your itinerary if you're combining Bali with some other destination so it's difficult to advise you without knowing more information.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Is August a good time?

I love august in bali..last year I only had one afternoon of light rain. It is busy due to european holidayers..but the days are slightly milder ...2 weeks is ideal

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Is August a good time?

Not really ideal if you haven't already booked.

August is the busiest time in Bali.

Book now expect to pay top rupiah for everything, that is what is left.

I booked last Feb for this August and even then I booked the last of my preferred accommodation.

Otherwise, yes August is a generally good time, but I only travel then to escape winter back home.

Otherwise September and October are the best months in Bali.

Edited: 19 July 2018, 10:59
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,961 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Is August a good time?

Hi Shakiba,

we all have different interests and many sight/activities are best done from certain areas.

In addition to Bali itself you also have the nearby Islands of the Gilis (near Lombok) and Nusa Lembongan/Penida that often form part of peoples wider itinerary.

Bali is 20 times bigger than Ko Samui and most of it is visited by tourists with different interests. If you have a look at a map of Bali and draw a line from Tanah Lot North to Bubunan basically everything to the east/right is visited by tourists.

Also the North/North West coast from Bubunan West to Gilimanuk including the West Bali National Park.

Some people go to Negara (in the west) to see the bull racing

Traffic can be slow going. You won't generally average much more than 30km/h even on longer journeys so understand how many days you may need in each area and move around in order to visit a lot of locations.

Reply to: Is August a good time?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted