We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Apartment for 5

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Topic
Hotel or Apartment for 5

Does anyone have any idea or know of a hotel or apartment

which we can get 5 in a room to try and save some money,

i know its a tall order

Hotel ICON
Hotel ICON
#3 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
#5 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong
#8 of 728 hotels in Hong Kong
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

If you really want to save money try a guest house/hostel. Alternatively suggest a budget. It's hard to recommend otherwise.

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

Anything from £400-£600 sterling

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

Is that per night or for your entire stay (and if it's the latter, how long are you in HK for?)?

The only one I can think of that will definitely fit all of you in the same room is actually a youth hostel (but looks better than your normal one) called Y-Loft, as they have a room that can fit up to 6 people in the same room. However, the "problem" (I don't think it's a problem, but some might) is that it's located in Chai Wan, which is on the end of the dark blue Island MTR line on HK Island, hence, you'll always need to factor in more travelling time to/from sights/attractions, and you also won't be right in the middle of all the action. Seeing as it's within walking distance to an MTR station though, you'll be able to get around quite easily - it'll just take longer to do so.

There are hotels that have family rooms/quad rooms, but I'm not sure whether they'll allow five people to a room (unless, one of the five happens to be an infant, then, there's perhaps a possibility) like YMCA Salisbury, Hotel Benito, Royal Plaza Hotel, Langham Place Hotel, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Park Hotel, etc. Novotel Nathan Road used to offer a special deal where you could get 50% off a second room, but I'm not sure whether that's applicable or not. It's definitely best to contact the hotels/apartments directly so you can enquire about bedding arrangements and whatnot - You certainly don't want to be denied a room because you exceeded the maximum amount of people in each room!

With apartments, be aware that you won't necessarily be getting more space than a hotel room. If you want space in HK, you can generally expect to pay premium prices for the luxury, and that's applicable with apartments AND hotels. Also, apartments in general are not easy to find because most require a month's stay as the minimum, but a lot more now are offering them for short stays.

I'm not sure about apartments for 5 people, but these are some two-bedroom apartments (not really familiar with any three-bedroom apartments that are available for short stays, sorry!): Shama Causeway Bay, Shama Central, V Causeway Bay, Central 88, Como Como Causeway Bay, Regent Heights, and 2 Macdonnell Road.

Hotels that offer 2 bedroom suites/apartments include: Lanson Place Hotel Causeway Bay and Harbour Plaza North Point

Please be aware that I've not stayed in any of the above that I've listed, so, please read reviews, as I can't comment about service, quality, etc.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time in HK! :)

Edited: 03 January 2012, 02:02
Mentioned in this post
MTR
MTR
19,383 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Hotel Benito
Hotel Benito
462 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Royal Plaza Hotel
Royal Plaza Hotel
4,450 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Langham Place
Langham Place
486 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
Holiday Inn Golden Mile...
2,995 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Nathan Road
Nathan Road
1,900 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Causeway Bay
Causeway Bay
1,052 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
COMO COMO Causeway Bay
COMO COMO Causeway Bay
10 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Lanson Place Hotel
Lanson Place Hotel
1,547 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Harbour Plaza North Point
Harbour Plaza North Point
1,591 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

Thank you for your reply RANDOM has for our stay its 5/6 nights and the £400/£600 is for the duration has we are getting married and then flying off to india for honeymoon

perth
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

Have a look under the holiday rentals in the left column.

We have just booked one of these for a family of 6. We found it cheaper then the hotel rooms.

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

Thank you MY4KIDS after a little research found to sites which hopefully sort my needs out www.wimdu.co.uk and other called airbnb

7. Re: Hotel or Apartment for 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 10:27