We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

Can anyone recommend some restaurants near The Metropark Hotel at Causeway Bay, at The Peak and around the Temple St night market. We pretty much like all food ( except I am allergic to seafood) and have 6 nights in Hong Kong so would like to try a mix of local restaurants, maybe a steak one night, pasta, japanese, chain restaurants - we don't mind as long as it tastes good!

Also can anyone recommend a restaurant for a really nice meal out, maybe somwhere a bit special with a great view etc. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Metropark Hotel
Metropark Hotel
586 Reviews
Macau, China
Causeway Bay
Causeway Bay
1,064 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Le Pain Quotidien Elements
€€ - €€€, Cafe, European, Belgian
DiVino Wine Bar & Restaurant
€€ - €€€, Italian, European, Wine Bar
Scarlett Cafe & Wine Bar
€€ - €€€, French, Bar, European
Brisbane
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Just rock on up to Knutsford Terrace in Tsim Sha Tsui. There are plenty of good restaurents there serving Italian, Thai, Indian, Malay, European, Turkish, Russian, Japanese to name a few. Plenty of bars open there till the wee hours as well, all on one smallish street. Access from the escalator on Kimberley road, around a hundred meters or so after you turn onto Kimberley from Nathan Rd.

Mentioned in this post
Knutsford Terrace
Knutsford Terrace
187 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Tsim Sha Tsui
Tsim Sha Tsui
1,538 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Kimberley Hotel
Kimberley Hotel
1,154 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Nathan Hotel
Nathan Hotel
1,423 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Philadelphia , PA
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Hello and welcome to the Hong Kong Forum!

I'll let the locals and the DE's pepper you with their restaurant favorites --

But here's a random thought:

Hong Kong is such an INCREDIBLE city for food -- you'll have NO problems 'eating' your way through the city. May I suggest that at some point you take a flyer -- give in to serendipity -- just wing it, and walk into a place that looks busy with the locals.

I've had some wonderful meals and experiences doing this. If you walk into an eatery crammed with locals, you can almost bet it will be good. Even if the owners and staff don't speak a lick of English -- they will invaribly help you out.

Try a few words of Cantonese or Mandarin, and at times, they'll love it.

I walked into a lunch shop one day, simply pointed to what I wanted, and they dished it right up. Smiles from the cooks and the owner, a few locals tried out a bit of English with me , and all had fun.

Good luck with your planning, and let us know how else we can assist you.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Take a look at the recommendations found on the Dining sticky, as there's pages and pages, so, hopefully, you'll be able to find quite a few of interest: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k399…

Have an AMAZING time in HK! :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I second Knutsford Terrace....so many places to choose from, great atmosphere...and one of the best meals we're had in a long time at a little place called Tutto Bene.

Cost us $100AUD for an entree, 2 mains and wine.

Mentioned in this post
Knutsford Terrace
Knutsford Terrace
187 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Bene
Bene
432 Reviews
Macau, China
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,474 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Dig around the Sticky Dining thread at the top of the forum. There are many recommendations which should cover your needs.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We also had a fantastic meal at Tuuto Bene.

Mentioned in this post
Bene
Bene
432 Reviews
Macau, China
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2010, 05:17