We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mongkok to Oceanpark then the peak

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Mongkok to Oceanpark then the peak

Hello, a couple of questions-

-Can anyone please advise the easiest way to get from Mongkok mtr to Ocean park and then from Ocean park to the peak?

Using public transport please.

-me and my honey will be in Hong Kong for 5 days/ 6 nights. We will be doing all the normal tourist things. How much do you think we should put on the octopus cards roughly?

-Lastly I know we need to get bus #6 from central to get to stanly market. Will it be easy to find bus numbers around central? I know here in syd it can be very complicated to find certain bus numbers as they are scattered all around central streets. will it be the same there? if so which exit/ way should we go to find this bus?

Thank you !

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Mongkok to Oceanpark then the peak

From Mongkok, take the MTR to Admiralty. Go to exit B, then take bus no.629 which goes directly to Ocean Park.

From Ocean Park, you will need to take the bus back to Admiralty, then take the peak tram or bus no.15 to the Peak. The peak tram is up on Garden Road, about 15 minutes walk from Admiralty. The bus stop for no.15 is on Queensway, just outside the MTR station.

You're right saying that bus stops are scattered all around the streets. The easiest place to find bus no.6 is at the Exchange Square bus terminal. Take exit A from Central station, and you will see it as you walk across the footbridge.

For the octopus, you can put $200 on it initially. It's easy to top up, just go to any MTR station or 7-11.

2. Re: Mongkok to Oceanpark then the peak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 07:18