We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

davao
3 posts
Save Topic
Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Hi Everyone I already made an itineray for hongkong but my problem is the mode of transportation.

1st day Hongkong Disneyland

2nd day Peak Tower, Madam Tassauds, Aberdeen sampan ride, Jumbo Kindom, Stanley, Ocean Park, Causeway Bay.Symphony OF Lights.

3rd day. Jade Market, Kowloon Walled City Park, Wong Tai Sin Temple. Tsim sha Tsui.

4th Macau. • Fisherman’s whart

• Senado Square

• Ruins

• Lunch – 12 noon

• A-ma Temple

• Taipa (market and bakeries)

• Macau Tower – 4 PM – Skywalk!

• Venetian – 6:30 PM

. I am staying in Dragon Hostel..

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Transportation instructions and other tips can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/HKGuide

http://tinyurl.com/Guide2Macau

Your day 2 is too packed and is almost impossible to do.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Hi, this could help with your transport logistics:-

hongkongextras.com/_hong_kong_disneyland.html

As for Macau:- upon arrival at the ferry terminal,proceed to visitor information centre to get hold of bus routes map and city map.

You can walk from ferry terminal to fisherman wharf.

From Senado Square,proceed to Ponte 16 direction,and from here,take bus to AMA temple,or it is also walkable,around 20minutes from Senado Square to AMa temple.

From AMa temple,you can take bus # 11,0r 34 to Taipa Village,then from Taipa Village,walk to Venetian Macao.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

- Disneyland:

Walk to Mongkok MTR station and catch the MTR (on the RED Tseun Wan line) and transfer at Lai King for the ORANGE Tung Chung line, where you get off at Tung Chung station to transfer to the PINK Disneyland Resort train line, which will get you to Disneyland. See here for a map of the MTR stations, which will give you a good idea of how to get there: kcr.com.hk/jplanner/images/maps/routemap.pdf

It's really difficult to give you transport ideas for the 2nd day because, as mentioned, its near impossible to fit in all those plans into the one day, unless, you're only hoping for a single glance, and that's it, before moving on to the next place. Ocean Park, for one, will take you several hours, or a good part of the day, depending on your interests. Causeway Bay is great for shopping, which could, of course, take another chunk of time out of your day too. Out of your list, I would remove Aberdeen (Jumbo Kingdom and sampan ride), unless you're really wanting to go there, but, that'll mean you'll need to cut out other things. I would pick the Peak and Symphony of Lights as a definite must from your list, and you could fit in both Stanley and Causeway Bay, but, you'll need to really balance your time at both. If you can post back which places you're really actually interested in going to/seeing, it'll help a lot with transport ideas because, at the moment, Day 2 is far too packed.

Good luck with your planning and have an AMAZING trip! :)

davao
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Thank u for your reply...but can u help me arranged in my 2nd day...

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

You can't do all of those on Day 2. You will have to either take out Aberdeen or Stanley.

Early Morning: Aberdeen or Stanley by bus from Central

Noon to Afternoon: Ocean Park by bus or taxi from above

Evening: Peak by bus + MTR from Ocean Park

Late Evening: Avenue of Stars then Causeway Bay

These guides have the information you need, please check them out:

http://tinyurl.com/HKGuide

http://tinyurl.com/Guide2Macau

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Wow, go greenarcher! I didn't think it would be very do-able at all, but, it shows what I know! That first link is seriously brilliant. I honestly don't think I've seen such a comprehensive site before, so, thanks for posting it!

Have an AMAZING trip, izadel! :)

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

Thanks for the compliment but I usually give that link to Filipinos only because after a long stint here in TA, I realized the disparity between HK travelers from our country and the rest of the world is kinda big. So that guide has some sections that may not be suited for everyone. For example, the average number of days people from the Philippines spend in HK is 3 to 4 days, 5 days is already considered long while for the people coming from the West, a week is just standard. Being a 3rd world country, there's also a big emphasis on places like Ocean Park and Disneyland which for most, constitutes as HK already.

But if you did find the guide helpful, feel free to share the link. I converted them to Tiny URLs for convenience sake.

davao
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

If I transfer avenue of stars on third day would it be possible that I can go to aberdeen.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,140 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

The only way you can do both Aberdeen and Stanley is to reduce the time you spend for Ocean Park.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,856 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hongkong Transportation, Please help....

You may find that 5-6 hours in Ocean Park will exhaust you & you'll need a nap! It is very big and it takes time just getting from one place to the next, without seeing any shows. Try not to miss the dolphin show.