We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

any info to go by direct bus from Chongqing to baidicheng in fengjie county? . we arrive by train from Chengdu and we like to go the same day to baidicheng..is this possible? . thanks,nestor.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

Probably easiest way is to take Chongqing-Fengjie bus from the Longtousi intercity bus station, which is adjacent and walking distance to Chongqing North Railway Station. There are a few buses scheduled pr day, my info shows first at 08:30, but not sure if that's current. The bus journey takes 6-7 hours, so unless you get into Chongqing very early and can get that first bus out, it's unlikely that you will be able to immediately get to Baidicheng. Probably will have to spend the night in Fengjie then go to BDC the next morning.

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

thank you kvchina..and one more question ,do I have an option going by train? I did not find trains from chonquing to fengjie county,i was told that there is a new line ..thanks again ,nestor.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

The new line is a high speed line but it turns south after Chongqing (at Fuling) and does not go to Fengjie County. By standard train, the closest you could get would be Chengdu to Wanzhou, which is about 2 hours from Fengjie and should have reasonably frequent buses. Best bet would be the overnight train K698 dep Chengdu main 19:31, arrive Wanzhou 03:31 (not great, I know), then get first bus out to Fengjie. Soft sleepers are RMB 250, hard sleepers 165 and I think the bus Wanzhou-Fengjie is something like RMB 50. There used to be boats you could get from Wanzhou to Fengjie but I think those have stopped.

You should be aware that most tourists get to Baidicheng as an excursion off their Chongqing-Yichang multiple day Yangtze Cruise. Few foreigners find Baidicheng or Fengjie enthralling enough to justify a purposeful trip by land all the way from Chongqing.....so if you are going only for that, you might pause and reflect on your other options for that time. If you will bundle with some other things in the area (like maybe going a bit further east by land from Fengjie to Wushan and doing the Little Three Gorges half-day trip up the Daning River) then it starts to make more sense.

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

thank you very much kvchina...we definitely look right now to do that itinerary...thanks again ,nestor.

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

thanks kvchina,we took your advise,thanks again..one more question please,do you know if any buses going from wushan to badong? because we where told that from badong the ferry boat run again since july of 2015..it goes from badong to taipinxi wharf,in yichang..can you tell us if this is true.thanks so much,nestor.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

I haven't been in the area for awhile so you need better information from somebody who has just been there or who lives in Yichang and gets around those parts. But unless a new highway has been completed between Wushan and Badong (or north side of Yangtze by the Badong bridge) OR there is a boat running between Wushan and Badong again, that will be a tough connection to make. Badong to Yichang by boat: not aware if this is running again, but I'd be surprised, as I believe the good road connection on the north side of the Yangtze has been completed between these two points. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

It's very hard to get up-to-date information on what's happening in this area, even in Chinese language. So if you decide to try this route to get from Chengdu/Chongqing to Yichang, you need to plan for a lot of time in case you run into problems and need to find alternatives in real time.

Edited: 21 November 2015, 19:22
Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

thanks again kvchina.we are changing our itinerary..we will go from Chengdu to yichang,we have 2 days to stay in yichang ..so from there(yichang) we will see if possible to take a local bus to wushan and try to do the day trip up the daning river(little three gorges) and baidicheng/fengjie..what do you think?,it maybe possible?.thank you,nestor.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,409 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

I don't think it's a good plan.. I think you are too fixated on Baidichang. I think you should dump it and Wushan and do the Shennong Stream trip which is done out of Badong. You can do this in one of two ways: A) Go all the way from Chengdu to Yichang then do the backtracking by road to get to Badong. Some research shows that the YI-Ba expressway has been completed since early this year, and the travel time is around 2.5 hours which was roughly what the old hydrofoil trip took. I'm sure there are public buses to Badong, and there is at least one agency there offering Shennong Stream trips, but you might be able to make it easy on yourself by purchasing some sort of package in Yichang. B) Take the morning fast train from Chengdu to Enshi, in afternoon visit the Tujia Castle and walk around the town and spend the night. Next morning take a bus/minibus to Badong (maybe 3 hrs and warning, part is on windy roads) then arrange getting on the afternoon Shennong Stream trip, overnight at Badong. Next morning bus Badong to Yichang.

Remember that Shennong Stream trips take a half day and generally start only in the morning around 8-9:00 or in the early afternoon around 13:00. And in low season, they may not run every morning and afternoon or even every day. Best thing to do is once in China, have a hotel/hostel staff member call to Badong and ask what the schedule is for when you'll be there. www.badongtour.com (Chinese only) may have some contacts that a Chinese speaker can use.

Edited: 22 November 2015, 17:44
Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
137 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

very explicit all the info..thank you very much.nestor.

Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus from chongqing to fengjie county/baidicheng

I am in Xi'an with a train ticket to Chongqing arriving tomorrow around 1pm.

I want to visit 显示引用邮件 which is also known as Xiao Zhai Tiankeng or the heavenly pit near Fengjie.

After that I need to arrive Zhangjiajie by Saturday evening.

Is this possible using bus from Chongqing or should I try to change my train ticket to go to a different city with better connections? If Chongqing works which bus should I use? Or if I need to give up visiting the heavenly pit is there a bus from Chongqing to Zhangjiajie and if so where do I get it and when does it run?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!!!

AlanG