We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the train tickets sold out?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Will the train tickets sold out?

Hi all, I'll be arriving Beijing on 16 Sept and planning a trip to Xian on 20th. The Z19 train will be on sale 20 days prior, so do you think it will be too late to buy the tickets when I arrive? There are 4 of us, and I need 4 soft sleepers in the same compartment.

I already emailed Park Plaza and Hotel Kapok, both their replies are saying they can only book for me once I check in their hotel. Need your advice, thanks in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
175 reviews
1. Re: Will the train tickets sold out?

It might be sold out. I would go to the station on arrival in Beijing and try to buy tickets myself. If no tickets are left, I would fly.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Will the train tickets sold out?

Soft sleeper tickets sold out really fast,usually they sell at 7pm on 20 days before your trip.So ask your guide to see whether they can help

Or if they cant really help to see whether they have cheap flight.Or delux soft sleeper which havea private bathroom,1504 rmb for two,usually more expensive,sell 10 days before the trip,once you arrive Beijing maybe these tickets still avaible

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Will the train tickets sold out?

Thanks drumbrake and chineseqing for your reply.

I also searched out www.chinatripadvisor.com. They can assist to purchase soft sleepers at a premium and deliver the tickets to my hotel. Anyone have any experience with this agent?

Or maybe I should fly?

4. Re: Will the train tickets sold out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 06:23