We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing in November/December

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
194 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing in November/December

I just found an amazing deal to Beijing in late November/early December. Based upon what I've read about the weather, I'm concerned that it might be too cold for me to really enjoy myself. I love walking around cities and am afraid it will be too cold to do this. Should I pay more to visit Beijing in April?

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and...
151 Reviews
from US$89.10*
US$99.00
3-Day Beijing Sightseeing Private...
27 Reviews
from US$235.00*
Special Offer
Private All-Inclusive Day Tour...
62 Reviews
from US$70.20*
US$78.00
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing in November/December

Only you can decide.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,815 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing in November/December

Obviously April is warmer than December. Is December too cold? Depends what you are used to.

Sydney
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing in November/December

What sort of amazing deal was this? ;)

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing in November/December

Last year, early November,there was so much snow in Beijing that I was unable to fly from Shanghai to Beijing. The weather is unpredictable, but certainly cold by then.

Beijing is not a city to "walk around". The roads are wide and busy, and not nice to cross if you are not used to it. Best way is to move around using taxi or subway.

And there is one general rule to remember: if travel deals are cheap, that means there are not many tourists who want to travel in that period. There is a reason for that.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing in November/December

The cold in November is still tolerable... that is if you like the cold like me.

Sydney
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing in November/December

I don't think you can put one level of tolerance on any weather anywhere. It's all a matter of personal preference. If you don't enjoy the cold the perhaps the warmer seasons are better for you but personally, I don't mind the cold and take the opportunity to travel during winter in China because of the lower prices and low volumes of tourism here relative to other parts of the year.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beijing in November/December

Fewer tourist numbers are a real advantage especially in a very popular place like Beijing. I would think it is worth putting up with a bit of cold just to have a bit more "space".

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beijing in November/December

Obviously, Apirl is better than December. The December in Beijing is crazy. If you are not used to the cold, dry weather, better come in April.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Beijing in November/December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 06:18