We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beijing weather in november

selangor
2 posts
Save Topic
beijing weather in november

im flying to beijing diz 21 november..how cold is it in beijing?and do i need to pack up winter clothing and warm cloth??

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beijing weather in november

Hi Ireena,

I'm leaving the day you arrive.

A look at wunderground.com tells me to expect highs from 5C to perhaps 13C and lows down to -1 or 2 in the preceding week.

Doesn't tell me a lot about rain and wind.

Hopefully a local will jump in and help us both out.

Beijing
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beijing weather in november

Hello, I'm Sarah. Welcome to Beijing.

In November, Beijing is 5-15 degrees. Comfortable at day time but chilly at night.

No winter clothes needed. Warm cloth, yes!

Oh...air will be very dry at that time.

Japan
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beijing weather in november

Hey all

I'm also heading to Beijing on the 21st of Nov.

I have 7days 6 nights

It my first time to China so id like to see all the main attractions.

I was also wondering how long should I stay in Beijing.

Do i have enough time to visit Shanghai/ Xian too?

Many thanks

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beijing weather in november

Look on Weather Underground (Beijing) for historical weather data: wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html

You'll definitely need to pack winter/warm clothing... coming from Selangor (Malaysia) it'll definitely feel pretty cold to you! Don't forget to bring moisturiser as well or else you'll feel very dry (skin-wise).

I would usually recommend 5 days in Beijing. With 7 days, you could fit in a 3N2D trip to EITHER Xi'an OR Shanghai, utilising the overnight trains each way.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beijing weather in november

I will be in Beijing on 23rd December, for 6 days.

Pretty sure the weather would be very cold by then. Wonder how cold would it be? Can anyone enlighten?

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beijing weather in november

I'm heading to beijing too on Nov 2nd.. and i'm really looking forward to it.. though quite worried of the cold

Save Reply
7. Re: beijing weather in november

I'm thinking of going to Beijing/Shanghai/Xian this November. Can anyone tell me how cold it was when they visited in November?

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beijing weather in november

i was at beijing, xian and shanghai end november/early december last year. it was chilly in beijing and xian. about 7-10 degrees in the day and close to freezing point at night, but still manageable. further south in shanghai, it was rather warm, actually.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: beijing weather in november

MSN Weather has historical weather data for all 3 cities.

Shanghai: weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx…

Beijing: weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx…

Xi'an: weather.msn.com/daily_averages.aspx…

Shanghai is usually rather cold in November. Would definitely recommend sweaters and a coat.

10. Re: beijing weather in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 11:54