We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plugs and adapters

Aberdeen, Scotland
12 posts
Plugs and adapters

Going to Kenya in May, do I need to take adapters or can you use UK plugged items??

Thanks in advance

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Plugs and adapters

You can use normal UK square pin plugs.

If you are staying in Hotel suggest you take a 4 or 6 socket adaptor as there are never enough sockets in the room for everything you need to power or charge.

Aberdeen, Scotland
12 posts
2. Re: Plugs and adapters

That's a really good idea. Thanks very much!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Plugs and adapters

Also, if you happen to be taking a laptop, a surge protector would be in order. I had a mini computer (Netbook) with me on my trip, loaded photos taken during the day to it. It was really nice to be able to see photos along the way. My guide found it interesting as well. And even better, gave me something to do on the long flight home.

4. Re: Plugs and adapters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations