We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottages in Mombasa

Nairobi
Level Contributor
54 posts
Cottages in Mombasa

While recently in Mombasa, I discovered that the other affordable option to staying to a hotel are the cottages.

Some of these cottages are self catering and you can have somebody come and cook and clean for cheap. There are several cottages both on the South and North Coast of the Coastal Town

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Cottages in Mombasa

I would point out most of the cottages are on the South Coast and most are self-catering. also some are on the beaches and have beach boys and girls that wait for you to go to them

Level Contributor
36 posts
2. Re: Cottages in Mombasa

Hi codero, last year i stayed in Wonder paradise apartments on Diani beach very nice big three bedrooms, can have your own chef, 2 pools just outside your door! £90 per night per apartment cheep when sharing with friends!! ;~)

Augsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Cottages in Mombasa

Hi,

there are many at the south coast, but most of them are not direct at the beach.

Direct on the beach and at the Diani Beach are the Warrandale Cottages (they have some with seaview)or the Bonde Cottage (there we have been last year - great, 2 big and one smaller bedroom, 2 bathrooms, great cook - hudge terrasse with sunbeds and great seaview), which is on the same compound. Really fantastic, great location, pool. The only thing which we missed was a generator (i know....)

But despite of this point very comfortable.

Other option, but very basic might be one of the Vindigo Cottages - but these ones really need a refurbishment.

Bye

Chrissy

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
4. Re: Cottages in Mombasa

There are lots of simple cottgaes and some plusher villas to rent for those of us who like to get away from it all at places like Tiwi on the south coast. Moonlight bay and Capriccio to name but two. Very simple, away from it all and wonderful with direct beach access. Not to everyone's liking though.

5. Re: Cottages in Mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa
Recent Conversations