We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malarone not available

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malarone not available

I've been trying to buy Malarone from Boots Online for weeks now but keep getting link for childrens Malarone. I've just phoned Boots Customer Service and they have told me that Malarone are not available any longer, but have no reason why. I now have to get my skates on and find an alternative supplier. Boots were charging £2.10 per tablet so any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. Just as a matter of interest......... why are the tablets so expensive????

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malarone not available

Have you tried Travelpharm? £2.20 per tab with free p&p. Most drugs are expensive these days but its well worth it to avoid being for of the million affected by malaria.

plymouth england
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malarone not available

They are the best on the Market

www.travelpharm.co tel:01395 233771

free PP $2.10 per tablet and fast service ..

plymouth england
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malarone not available

sorry not well today !!!!!!!!!

£2.20 per tablet

Horncastle, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malarone not available

Have you tried Tesco's £2.25 per tablet

London
Level Contributor
537 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malarone not available

We walked into Tesco and picked them up there and then, for the sake of an extra 10-15p a tablet, I wouldnt worry, unless you're going all year!

west mids
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malarone not available

We're getting ours from Morrisons, £54 per person

sheffield
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malarone not available

Hi

Wrote to boots at(Boots pharmacy direct,FREEPOST NAT 15396 walsall ws1 1br)with my prescptions and a contact number, when it was ready they called me to pay over the phone and they were sent the following day hope this helps

Les

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malarone not available

You can buy Malarone in Kenya (If you land in Nairobi, you don't need it right away anyway). It's generally about Ksh 400/tablet.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malarone not available

This is just my personal opinion but I would not get them in Kenya. You don't know what you are buying, they may say Malarone but you won't know for sure if its the real thing.

Ring around your local pharmacy's I'm sure someone can help you out. I get ours from Tesco as they are only round the corner and they get them in the next day.

Have a good trip

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Malarone not available

Thanks for all your posts. I spoke to Morrisons last night and they quoted me £46.43 for 23 tablets. That's the cheapest I've seen yet. Hope that helps. Only 12 more sleeps... I'm soooooo excited!!!

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa