We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mombasa Weather in September

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Mombasa Weather in September

Hi,

I'm going to Bamburi Beach for two weeks on 11th September 2007. Anyone else that is going to this hotel around this time I would love to hear from. I was wondering if anyone has travelled this time of year and what the weather is like? Does it still rain? Are there any restrictions when going on Safari at this time of year as I notice most people go dec-feb? Thanks

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Mombasa Weather in September

We've been a few times in September and mostly the weather has been good to us. However, in September last year we did have some rain in the Mara and two days of very heavy downpours in Mombasa. The weather patterns can no longer be relied on, as was proved in December - luckily, we just missed the floods though had to contend with the resultant road problems.

No problems with safaris at this time of year though it is high season and will be fairly busy. The Mara is THE place to go, in my opinion, as it's around migration time, but again this does depend on the weather between the Mara & Serengeti. The grass isn't high so, if the animals are there, it's easier to view them.

Really jealous, I've got to wait until after Christmas!

Istanbul
4 posts
2. Re: Mombasa Weather in September

During this period of the year in Kenya mostly the season experience the short rains.

The weather is very favourable because is not as hot as it is usually like during other seasons. I and my mother in-law visit ed mombasa last year over September and we resided in the serena hotel.

The weather was good since it was not very hot .

we even had a flying package to the Mara sopa for 2 nights. we had fun and flew back to mombasa whereby the weather was still very favourable and quite stable. we used a tour company which was very realiable skyview of africa ltd which made our trip every enjoyable.To contact them write to safari@skyviewofafrica.com

www.skyviewofafrica.com

essex
2 posts
3. Re: Mombasa Weather in September

Iam off to baburi beach on september the 7th iam going for the first time

essex
2 posts
4. Re: Mombasa Weather in September

i am going to bamburi beach on sept 7 for the first time

5. Re: Mombasa Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa