We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incredible variation in hotel room prices

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,767 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Incredible variation in hotel room prices

I've been looking at hotel rooms and I am amazed by the variation in prices for very similar hotels. I got a room recently in the New Winter Palace for £28 per night via Expedia. But I have just seen rooms on Priceline at the Steigenburger Nile Palace (which I think used to be called something else) for 188 euros, that is over 4 times as much! If you are thinking of a trip where you book your own hotels, please do look very carefully.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Incredible variation in hotel room prices

Just looked at expedia at the Sheraton for the week I am going early December it was £264 garden view no breakfast. I book direct on the Sheraton web site got Nile View plus B&B for £267. So you are right it pays to shop around.

Phil

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Incredible variation in hotel room prices

Go to medhotels.com. here you will find rooms from about 5 english pounds a night up to about 16 english pounds for the best hotels. Sometimes even cheaper when off season.

There is a backpackers hotel called HAPPYLAND off television street, IIRC they charge about 4 - 5 english pounds a night, and food and drink upstairs is very cheap.

3. Re: Incredible variation in hotel room prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 06:19