We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aswan to Abu Simbel by Air - Egyptair

Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Aswan to Abu Simbel by Air - Egyptair

Hi

Am looking at booking a trip from Aswan to Abu Simbel and return the same day.

There is a flight by Egyptair leaving Aswan at about 6.00 am and then returning to Aswan at about 1.00 pm. Do you think these would be good flights to book?

It says something on Egyptair website about having to book the return flight for 2 hours after you get there or there will be extra to pay. I don't understand this - does anybody know anything about it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scottie

Mentioned in this post
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,110 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aswan to Abu Simbel by Air - Egyptair

All tours going to AS allow about 2 hours there. There is nothing else there, just two temples. So I suppose if you take longer, you create an imbalance between flights going and coming back and you have to pay for it.

Embarcation etc is extremely quick. The flight is 40 minutes with a drink of orange juice and a short shuttle bus journey to the temples included. You have your approx 2 hours, get on the shuttle bus and come home again. Er...that's it.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aswan to Abu Simbel by Air - Egyptair

Probably too long there for a day trip...but if there are not other flights then do book them as the temples are amazing. I seem to remember that there is a flight around 8am??? Is that still available?

I have replied to your pm too.

3. Re: Aswan to Abu Simbel by Air - Egyptair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:19