We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hassle free shop

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
8 reviews
Hassle free shop

Hi does anyone know if the hassle free shop is still open in Luxor? it was such a pleasure to be able to look around and buy some of my keepsakes in peace, the shop keeper was really nice and I would advise anyone to buy their bits and bobs there,It was past the Temple going towards Karnak. Also is it still ok to give children pens as a small gift? the last time I was there a waiter asked please can I have one of your pens !! he was so pleased to receive one.I am looking forward to going back in 3 weeks time to Luxor with its wonderful history and cultures, regards Liz.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Hassle free shop

bout ye, we think the best hassle free shop in luxor is gaddis below the old winter palace, great range of photos, books, ornaments , nic nacs , jewellery, post cards etc. Watch out for the wee dog when you go in during the evening. You can finish off by going into the bar at the old winter palace for a bit of nostaligia

Bout ye , aka, the seeker of truth and justice

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: Hassle free shop

The shop was open in August this year - I know because i bought lots of gifts there.

I love the Mina Bazaar, (I can't find their business card for the exact name) which is next to the Mina Palace hotel, on the next block along the Corniche from Luxor temple going north (= towards Karnak eventually).

The shop is now slightly smaller than last year as part of the space is now a DFL (or similar freight company) office, but they still have an excellent range of items and really, truly, NO HASSLE!

Excellent value!

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
187 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Hassle free shop

Thanks for this info as I will also be looking for bits and pieces to bring home when we go to Luxor next week. We will look forward to having a look in the places that have been suggested.

London
Level Contributor
419 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Hassle free shop

Yes, pens are welcome everywhere, as are British sweets.

Aboudy Bookstore is hassle free and sells little souvineers as well as books and postcards, but I think it may have moved.

5. Re: Hassle free shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Luxor