We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

I will be going to Egypt for the first time and will be doing a typical 4 night cruise from Luxor down the Nile. I will be getting on the cruise in the afternoon and the ship will not leave until the next day. Any suggestion on what to do on-land around the port on the day that i embark on the cruise? It's a Monday, if that changes anything.

Thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,289 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

It’s useful to look at the Luxor Forum for reviews, posts and FAQs relating to tours, activities and things to do. A lot, however, may depend on where your ship is docked—in Luxor itself or somewhere outside where it may take an inconvenient taxi ride to reach somewhere where there is something worth doing.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 00:59
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

Since you say won't be getting to your Cruise boat until the afternoon that somewhat limits your choices due to it getting dark and sites closing.

If there around midday then you could take a Taxi to the west bank and visit one or two places not on the usual cruise itinerary Such as Medinet Habu, Ramsesseum, Deir elMedina, Howard Carter's house.

If it's a late afternnon arrival then you could visit Luxor Temple which is open until around 9.00 p.m.and lit or perhaps you could visit Karnak Temple for one of it's Sound and Light shows.

If docked in Luxor, you'll easily be able to find a Taxi to take you anywhere you wish, but if docked outside Luxor then it will take time to arrange for a Taxi to come out to the dock.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
3. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

You would probably get a lot more response to the question 'What to do in Luxor'? if you posted it on the Luxor forum, as opposed to the Cairo one.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,417 posts
279 reviews
4. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

I definitely recommend Luxor temple by night and also Luxor museum.

5. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 15:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,289 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

Ahmed. Your previous adverts are now gone and I don’t think this one will last much longer. (Told you so!) But, before it goes; if businesses need advertising, they should also be competitive. I had a quick browse on your website and some of your tours look ridiculously expensive compared to local rates.

Edited: 07 October 2012, 14:52
7. Re: What to do in Luxor before cruise sails?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:19