We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transportation

Nafplio, Greece
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Airport transportation

Hi,does anybody know if their is a metro station in cairo international airport? if trere isn't which is the best way to travel to city center?

Cairo - Egypt
Level Contributor
600 posts
1. Re: Airport transportation

Lucky you!

Metro will be there in the airport very soon--probably by 2012.

If you can't wait that long, your best bet is to take a taxi. Yellow cabs are better than ordinary B&W ones as they are newer, air-conditioned, and also use taximeters. Make sure to 'remind' the driver to reset the meter before you go.

You can also walk to any of the many small limo offices lined in the outside of the Arrival Terminal (after leaving the customs gate) and contract for a ride. Prices here should be a bit higher than yellow cabs, but are fixed--you know how much you'll pay right upfront.

Nice time in Cairo.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
25 posts
2. Re: Airport transportation

HIRE A DRIVER!! Rasha (our guide) arranged a driver to pick us up for $30 US, which is about $10 more than the hotel said a regular taxi would cost us to get back to the airport... so if you ask me, hiring a reputable driver who waited outside the arrival area holding a sign with our names on it... was perfect!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Airport transportation

Here is another good option, and cheaper and better than the normal taxi's :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c69909/Cairo:…

Wendy

Nafplio, Greece
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Airport transportation

thanx for the info, i'm not sure what i'll choose but the truth is i prefer fixed prices.

5. Re: Airport transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 10:21