We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Hello,

A friend passed this link to me, and I have spent a long time going through it, and finally felt that it is an intersting alternative to the traditional method of visiting Egpt, it will not suit those looking for luxury or comfort, but it will allow you to see Egypt in a very personal and real way, please take a look, even if you don't want this type of trip, the photos and descriptions area well worth having a look at

http://www.somewheredifferent.com/index.html

Regards

Wendy

giza
Level Contributor
181 posts
1. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

i was there and it is nice to see these photos but it is another emmotions to be in .to touch these beutiful things

thanks

monir

giza
Level Contributor
181 posts
2. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

the link is

siwaoasis.com

you can see it it is hepeful

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Thankyou Monir for the website.

The link I have posted is not only about Siwa, the travel company makes tours covering many places in Egypt, including Luxor, Aswan, Cairo, Bahira etc. It is worth going through the site and seeing the different way of approaching the the holiday and the effort made to create a very real experience, which I think a lot of people are interested to have.

Regards

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
179 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Wendy, thank you for sharing. I think it is a pretty cool idea. I always wanted to go see Siwa, Dakhla and Kharga Oasis ever since I've read about them in the guidebooks. I was just telling myself the other day that I would definitely make a trip to the western desert the next time I come to Egypt. It would be a trip of a lifetime although I have no idea how I'm going to find nine other like-minded travellers to rent and share this beautiful villa with =)

Heidi

England
Level Contributor
779 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

That looks amazing, certainly a different way of enjoying that beautiful country

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Hello - yes it does look very good, and I guess a group could be less than 10 persons, and their programs cover several places in Egypt, would like to do it myself ! but for now it is just nice to see other people enjoying a very special experience.

Regards

Wendy

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
7. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

Wow, that is the first thing I have seen that ever made me want to visit the desert!

That looks great, but pretty spendy.

8. Re: A different way of visiting/enjoying Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 05:22