We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

Any help you could provide would be most helpful...

Going from Cairo to Alexandria and someone told me it was a 3 hour drive. Is this a pleasurable drive? Expensive with a driver? I am just wondering if this would be an iteresting way to get there as opposed to flying...any thoughts?

Thank you so much! SML

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

Hmmm...the drive?

The thing I remember most is the crazy driving.

I would say definitely have a driver, or a tour guide. I wouldnt even dream of driving it on your own. A guide will probably be just slightly more than a driver alone.

I recently went with a tour guide for an overnight stay. We only had two weeks total in Egypt, and I would probably leave it off of a two week itinerary, but with three weeks it is probably worth the trip.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

Sure to hire a driver , or even a driver with a guide for your trip to Alexandria, do not take flight , it is too short just 20 min , but you will have to be in airport one hour before, plus to go to Airport of Cairo lots of traffic , then in Alexandria also to go out of airport to city with traffic, so any how it is wasting time and money

you will be driving through the dessert high way, its 3 hours driving , but also this include stopping one for toilet and coffee

have nice trip

Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

It is pleasant -You can get a driver,take a train or a bus-Not bad anyway-I loved Alex and I think it was a great addition to Cairo-I am returning to Egypt Apr 8 and am very excited-(My 4th time) Have fun!

4. Re: Planning Egypt trip for 3 weeks...Help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 04:20