We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

We will be spending one day in Cairo on our way to a week of scuba diving in the Red Sea. We are looking for a tour operator that is reliable and safe. We saw the website for Min-Travel and was wondering if anyone has used it and if you have what is your recommendation? If you haven't used it do you have another recommendation?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Hello,

Sorry have not heard of that company, but there are a lot to choose from, here is a link to recommended tour companies and private tour guides :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k175…

It is from the top of the Cairo forum page in the "sticky's". Actually I think what you need is a guide for the day,

Also please look at this page, it will give you advice for your one day in Cairo :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c84700/Cairo:…

The FAQ's (above the forum posts will provide you will lots of good information).

Regards

Wendy

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Thanks Wendy, I have contacted Karen at Heart of Egypt regarding setting up a personalized tour for my family. Her company, Heart of Egypt, was on the list you developed. Do you know her and can you give me a recommendation about her?

Regards,

Bill

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Hello Bill,

All the members who used Karen before have their names listed on the Travel Companies list, so you could PM them and get back more detailed feedback.

You can also make searches here on the forum and for sure she will come up, she is also a TA member using the name KarenInEgypt.

I have not used any of the travel companies or guides myself, as I am not in need of them, being a local myself, but I did my best to put only the real recommendations on the two lists.

Hope that helps

Wendy

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Hello

We used Karen of Heart of Egypt on our 4 day trip to Giza in February. Karen was amazing - she made our short trip fantastic. Everything was arranged for us once we arrived in Cairo. We thoroughly recommend her.

It is hard to get hold off her but my perseverence paid off. She is a great person.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Hello cahow,

Thanks for your recommendation of Heart of Egypt, Karen, I have added your name to the list of TA members recommending Travel Companies.

Thanks

Wendy

Virginia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Bill

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

We used Min for 10 days pick up at Taba (where we ended up after some bad advise from the Intercontinental in Aqaba without visas-we'd been told we could buy them there- thank God Ehab was there he was great, sorted everything out, calmed some very nervous and loud immigration guards out etc) we were driven (family of 4 -2 teenage boys included)to Mt Sinai where we stayed in a bedouin camp, climbed mt sinai, visited saint katherines etc. we were driven to cairo via the suez, did the pyramids, sphinx, museum, Khan. Then Ehab took us to the train bought us food and drink and waited with us for a couple of hours until the train arrived.he made sure we got on and were happy etc.Min organised the cruise part of the tour as well which was brilliant we had the best guide there too.In fact we had people on the boat who were back for the second time and they had especially requested our guide (can't remember his name sorry) I couldn't fault them but we did have the most awesome driver and guide. we were nervous as you have to send so much of the money beforehand but they really the trip so worth it we will definately come back and hopefully Ehab will still be guiding.

8. Re: Has anyone used Min-Travel or another Tour company in Cairo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:17