We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classic Holidays company UK

Aberdare, United...
13 posts
Classic Holidays company UK

Has anyone from the UK book the seven days eight nights Wonders of Egypt holidays with Classic Holidays? If so would you recommend please?

16 replies to this topic
Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Never used them myself and never heard of them but be careful with the amazing 8 night wonder.

With cost and availability and the outlay of the money you are just paying someone to arrange this with someone in Egypt.

Competition is fierce at the minute and you could easily put something together yourself with an agent in Egypt and get exactly the same thing for half the cost.

I am only saying

Many of the same agents can offer the same things without any issues.

Aberdare, United...
13 posts
2. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Thank you. I am travelling alone so although it may cost a bit more I’d prefer to have someone do it all for me.

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Then go direct to Agents in Egypt who can do it for you.

There are.many of them in Cairo and Luxor that can do it for you without the need of the cost of a UK Agent.

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Are you talking about this company... https://www.classicholidays.co.uk/

If so, are their packages including flights ? If yes, seems pretty reasonable and doubt if local companies would arrange flights.

Aberdare, United...
13 posts
5. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Yes that’s the one. They’re abta covered and they’ve given me a fair price considering the single supplement and that, I was just curious if anyone else had experience of them x

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Hi Sue

I am tossing up between Classic Holidays (they are part of Thomas Cook) and Orbital travel for the 10 night Cairo/Nile cruise and keep swaying from one to the other.

Both have their pros and cons :

Classic are ABTA, Orbital aren't

Classic want £1170 deposit, Orbital only want £250!!

Total price of Classic is £110 more than Orbital

I would have paid the extra £110 and gone with Classic for the peace of mind of having ABTA but I don't think I can justify paying such an extortionate amount for a deposit!

Same hotels/boats/AI/Excursions etc

Decisions decisions ....

Aberdare, United...
13 posts
7. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

That’s what’s swaying me to classic, is the security of abta protection. I’ve not seen orbital, I’ll have a look. Let me know what you decide?

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Sorry to interrupt, but who are Orbital if they don't have ABTA/ATOL protection ? Don't know either company but would not go with Orbital if that is the case.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Orbital travel - they have some very good reviews and someone on another River Nile cruise forum recommended them. They have ATOL but not ABTA hence I am unsure what to do

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
75 reviews
10. Re: Classic Holidays company UK

Orbit have ATOL protection just not ABTA

Karen

Reply to: Classic Holidays company UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted