We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4D3N in Korea

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4D3N in Korea

Hi guys,

I will be in Korea during 12-15 Nov. It will be my first visit and I will travel solo.

Does anyone can share me the itinerary? I think I will stay at Seoul only. I might consider visiting Nami Island.

And about the accommodation, I am totally blank where to stay. Is there any recommendation for cheap lodging? My budget is up to USD 30/night. Since I will be travelling alone and would love so much to explore Korea, so I guess I won't be spending too much time at the lodging. I would prefer the lodging is near the crowd, somewhat market or where I can easily find foods and cheap shopping.

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Lotte Hotel World
Lotte Hotel World
#5 of 570 hotels in Seoul
Aloft Seoul Myeongdong
Aloft Seoul Myeongdong
#7 of 570 hotels in Seoul
G2 Hotel
G2 Hotel
#8 of 570 hotels in Seoul
Geoje, South Korea
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4D3N in Korea

Hi...

What do you want to see? Do you like wander around the temple? Or do you like to spend your time shopping? If you want to go to Nami Island, it will take more than half day to explore that area, but the transportation is not a big deal in Seoul. I have some of itinerary that probably will help you, but most of them are from my friend and I don't really explore Seoul as much as she did. If you want, you can drop an email to kurniawan.elkom2008@gmail.com. Don't hesitate to contact me directly, I'm Indonesian too, and happened to visit Seoul for 3 times,

Mentioned in this post
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4D3N in Korea

Hi Kurniawan,

Thank you for your reply. I just dropped you an email :)

Maine
Level Contributor
399 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4D3N in Korea

It might be hard to find $30 hotel in Seoul. You might want to check a guesthouse instead. Try using booking.com or airbnb.com. Choose the one with high rating. For 3 days, you might just want to stay in Seoul. You might not be able to visit all the attractions in Seoul in 3 days.

I had a list of attractions on my itinerary and you can check it out. Also, there are list of coupons for attractions, shopping, and restaurants that might help you. Check it out: …blogspot.com/search/…20Korea

Edited: 26 October 2015, 02:28
Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Uijeongbu, South...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4D3N in Korea

With such a short stay, I recommend you definitely stick to exploring Seoul. You could do Nami Island but it will take you the better part of a day including transportation, etc.

I can't help with lodging for under $30/night as I am unfamiliar with the hostels and such and there is not a hotel that I can think of (or recommend) that has prices so inexpensive.

Recommend you read through some of these links and get an idea of what you think you might want to do while you are here. If you can give us an idea of what you would like to see/do, we can recommend an itinerary for your time here.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294197-c169195/Seoul…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294197-s409/Seoul:So…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294197-c171060/Seoul…

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 4D3N in Korea

I don't mind sharing the room for others. Since I would love so much to explore Seoul, I think I won't be spending too much time in the lodging. A hostel is okay though.

But the problem is : I am totally blank about Korea. I don't know which is the right place to stay. It is my first visit. I don't have any preference. I am open for anything. I would love to shop, try street foods, temple visits. I've got some lists actually where I would visit (I am flexible though) such as N Seoul Tower, Myeongdong, Namdaemun Market, Garosu-gil, Hangang Park, Gwangjang Market, Gyeongbokgung Palace.I would prefer to stay in a place where I don't need much effort to fix the meals and shop.

So basically 3 days won't be enough to explore Seoul alone? Nami Island is an option if the time allows.

Thank you hland1985 and jkobiska for the feedbacks and links. It helps a lot :)

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
N Seoul Tower
N Seoul Tower
8,354 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Garosu-gil
Garosu-gil
794 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Hangang Park
Hangang Park
1,445 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Gwangjang Market
Gwangjang Market
1,906 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Gyeongbokgung Palace
Gyeongbokgung Palace
8,954 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Laguna Province...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4D3N in Korea

Hi,

If it's your first time, I recommend the usually spots - palaces (Gyeongbokgung, Deoksugung, Changdeokgung), N. Seoul Tower, Cheonggyecheon stream, Bukchon Hanok Village, Han River. And there's also Hongdae (for bars, clubs, cafes). Transportation is also convenient.

For the accommodation, I recommend Myeongdong. It has all - shops, restaurants, cafes. Also near the N. Seoul Tower. You can check either Namsan Guesthouse or Zaza Backpackers. Namsan Guesthouse has several buildings although it will be a short hike. It's near the subway though.

Edited: 28 October 2015, 02:17
Mentioned in this post
Deoksugung
Deoksugung
941 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
N Seoul Tower
N Seoul Tower
8,354 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Cheonggyecheon Stream
Cheonggyecheon Stream
3,482 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Bukchon Hanok Village
Bukchon Hanok Village
4,487 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Hongdae Guesthouse
Hongdae Guesthouse
124 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Guest House Myeongdong
Guest House Myeongdong
73 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Namsan Guesthouse
Namsan Guesthouse
38 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Zaza Backpackers Hostel
Zaza Backpackers Hostel
101 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Laguna Province...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4D3N in Korea

*Usual spots I mean. For Nami Island, if time permits maybe you can do it on your third day. :)

Mentioned in this post
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4D3N in Korea

Hi HerryHerry & travelers,

I will be travelling to Korea on 20 - 23 Nov for 4D3N. Im arranging own itinerary too and still have not decided where to go within such short stay. If you don't mind, please share me your itinerary.

Id love to slot in Nami Island and let me know how to get there in the most convenience way (if you found the way). My trip to Seoul is to enjoy the scenery and chillin' whether.

As for place, im considering to stay in Namsan or Red Guesthouse as the review on both places are quite positive.

Some other thing I wish to find out,

- where can I buy the prepaid card for Subway in airport? Is the rate differs between cash and card?

- Does anyone happen to know Halal food in Myeongdong?

- How is the weather in end of Nov? Do I need winter coat?

Look forward to hear from you. Thanks a bunch!

Mentioned in this post
Nami Island
Nami Island
1,513 Reviews
Chuncheon, South Korea
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Namsan Park
Namsan Park
1,945 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Guest House Myeongdong
Guest House Myeongdong
73 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4D3N in Korea

You can buy T-money at any of the convenience stores in the airport

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 4D3N in Korea

Well, I will be staying at Ibis Ambassador Myeongdong Hotel from 9th - 11th. After that, I will move on Blue Boat Hostel at Myeongdong as well. I hope it's a good hostel :)

Mentioned in this post
Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
Ibis Ambassador Seoul...
2,914 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Guest House Myeongdong
Guest House Myeongdong
73 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea