We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

I have booked my tickets to enter Tbilisi on 22 April with my wife. I am a Sri lankan having Qatar residency permit.

I have been in Qatar for 4 years but my wife came here and obtained her Qatar residency only on 25 November 2015. By the time she travels to Georgia, her Qatar residency will be only 4 months and 27 days old. I saw in a newspaper article that, you should have to have minimum 6 months old Qatar residency for visa exemption. Does anyone know anything about this ?

Mentioned in this post
Tbilisi
Tbilisi
Georgia
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
1 Day Wine Tour in Kakheti Region
50 Reviews
from US$97.00*
Free Cancellation
Full Day Private Tour in Kazbegi...
36 Reviews
from US$98.00*
Free Cancellation
Best of Kakheti Private Full-Day Tour...
15 Reviews
from US$40.00*
Free Cancellation
29 replies to this topic
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hello Maye, my friend will be travelling to Georgia this 28th Aug, her QID will expire this October. Been googling with the same situation and found your comment here in TripAdvisor. Were you able to travel to Georgia without any problems from the immigration or the airlines knowing your RP is less than 3 months. Can you also send me the link to the official regulation for visa exemption.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hi Maria, came across to your reply to one of the comments here in tripadvisor regarding visa regulation for visa exemption. Please can you send us to me as well cause my friend will be travelling to Georgia on 28th Aug, her Qatar residence permit will expire on October this year.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hello, did they check if how old your resident permit in qatar?

3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hello, my friend were able to travel to Georgia with her QID less than 3 months validity.

Edited: 17 September 2017, 07:28
Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Muscat, Oman
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hi,

My name is Abhay and same problem like I have a Oman ID one year old but my wife Oman ID is just 2 months old, so CAN WE ENTER GEORGIA WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?

Please share your experience.

Abhay

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
India
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

hi

am also planing travel to Georgia on next week,already book the ticket and rooms , how can i take a travel insurance ..?

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Semenyih, Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hello everyone,

I went to Georgia in the middle of november with my Qatar ID card valid until end of December and i was not stopped anywhere. So i think as long as your Gulf resident card is valid for the duration of the travel it should be fine.

Regards,

Husnain

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hi Maria,

I'll be travelling to Georgia this coming 1st week of January 2018 and my RP (Qatar ID) expires on 1st week of May 2018.

I'm worried because my QID will be due on May and hope that it will not affect my travel plan this coming January.

In lieu, could you please send to me the link the official regulation for visa exemption for my reference.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
Europe
Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
126 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

Hi Jennifer,

As I know there won't be any negative affect on your travel plans.

For more details please, find the following link : https://www.evisa.gov.ge/GeoVisa/

2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency

HI Teona,

Appreciate it.

Thanks ,

Jennifer

Reply to: Conditions for Visa Exemption for Qatar Residency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted