We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Georgia VISA

2 posts
Save Topic
Georgia VISA

Hello Friends

I am a Professor

I travelled to Georgia and was very Humiliated and embarrassed

I was holding a Valid Passport and E-Visa

I have health and travel Insurance with me

I have Pre-paid Booked Hotels and Transportation

But the Sherif in Immigration denied entry and just deported us

We were not told the reasons and the Sherif sarcastically passed a Comment "You Indians won a return ticket back to India......and just deported us.

Very Bad and Humiliation for we Indians

Don't go to Georgia and face Humiliation

It should be banned by Indian Government

Think Twice......before going

Metro Tbilisi
Taxis & Shuttles
Trip4real Georgia
Taxis & Shuttles, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Private Tours
4x4 Tours
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Globetrotter
Taxis & Shuttles, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
7 replies to this topic
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Georgia VISA

.”

Regarding e visa for indian.

murli_1231 · 32 forum posts

Bhilai, India

23 April 2017, 10:12

Dear friends

I am an indian 48 yrs and planning for a trip to tbilisi-georgia next month.

I have few queries regarding e visa. One i get my e visa online, what other documents i need to show at the border immigration to enter tbilisi- airport entry.

1. Passport

2. Travel insurance

3. Return ticket

4. SOME CASH

5. Hotel booking confirmation.

Even though ive been informed by some travel agents that authorities are not checking for travel insurance or funds for expenses, but still ive decided to get one insurance as I should not take the risk of getting deported.

Also kindly clarify if INVITATION LETTER is necessary for tourists? I hope hotel booking confirmation would suffice as a person would be returning after his tour.

After going to georgia if a person wants to stay longer can he extend visa further? and for what duration his visa would be extended.?

Waiting for replies pls.

Thanks

T MURLI BHASKAR

8 replies

Sort by:

anandsampath2000 · 25 April 2017, 11:15

Chennai (Madras), India · 3 forum posts

#1 of 8 ·

Would strictly recommend Indian passport holders with e-visa not to venture in to this country as they will straightaway deny entry stating no reasons. Do not waste your money, time, energy by applying to this country. Indians please avoid travelling as I was also one of the victim. You can also check with your local airport authorities before you travel, they will not advise you to take risk.

garcha007 · 25 April 2017, 15:20

London, United Kingdom · 1 forum post

#2 of 8 ·

what happened sir, did they refuse you upon entry ?

bkay560 · 29 April 2017, 18:14

Los Angeles, California · 1 forum post

#3 of 8 ·

Yes one of my friend who was from india travelling with an indian passport and an e-visa was deported back without giving any reason. In the flight he came 10 people were in the same situation and they were all deported back. Don't come with indian passport with e-visa. They will deny entry.

#4 of 8 ·

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guideli…

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2017, 02:23

aamcon · 04 September 2017, 04:43

Mumbai (Bombay), India · 2 forum posts

#5 of 8 ·

We are in Travel business in India. 99% Indians are deported back from Tbilsi Airport without any reason. They treat Indians as criminal. recently one girl from Mumbai deported back after waiting 18 hours without food and water.This country dont want Indians. So better travel to Armenia or Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is issuing evisa within 3 hours , there are no problems at their Airport. So attn. all of our fellow Indians brothers and sisters , never travel to Georgia on evisa. If you want to travel better apply at Georgian embassy in your country. Georgia dont want Indian tourists.

Thanks

aamcon · 04 September 2017, 04:49

Mumbai (Bombay), India · 2 forum posts

#6 of 8 ·

Dear all of our brothers and sisters ( Indians ) . Travel to Azerbaijan . Azerbaijan issue E-visa within 3 hours. Visa fees US $ 24/- . You can apply online , upload your passport, pay online ,You will receive your visa within 3 hours. Please click on the following Link.

https://evisa.gov.az/en/

Also if you can travel to Ukraine without visa for 15 days no invitation required for Indian national , you can get visa on arrival.

Russia - is visa within days.

Kazakhstan and Tajikistan - Get visa within 3 to 7 days.

So If you want to travel east European countries travel to the above countries.

Never travel to Georgia on evisa and dont waste your money and time.

Thanks and Regards.

Hasan K · 10 September 2017, 13:49

Madrid, Spain · 16 forum posts

#7 of 8 ·

The E-visa is not valid for Indians and many have been humiliated and send back.

If you want to go to Georgia then you need to apply through VFS, you need to fill an online application form and upload all the documents online, then go to VFS with the same documents and you get the visa in 10 working days. It is a complicated procedure and its not worth the Hassle.

They should make it clear before hand and remove India from the list of countries in their E-Visa application so people don't get misguided.

rajesh t · Edited: Oct 27, 2017, 5:51 AM

· 1 forum post

#8 of 8 ·

Dear all I m citizen of india working as a Sr.Engineer in an aviation industry with Valid Bahrain visa .During my recent holidays i planned to visit Tblisi with my Parents who are 70 -80 yrs respectively and came to Bahrain on visit visa .We went to Tblisi on 14th Oct 2017 and planned to return on 19th Oct. Tblisi being one of the top rated tourist destination we flew on 14th oct.I just want to bring your kind notice that instead of having all the travel documents which includes e visa , health insurance, hotel n tour booking and $1000 cash and debit and few premium credit card we were not allowed to enter Tblisi. Gergians b informed that ur Govt pathetic and insane and their survival is indian visa money .i would say to the Gergian visa issuing authorities not to issue visa in case they Don't want Indians to travel in their country. It's a shame that senior citizen of India being treated as a criminal in Tblisi and sent back in return flight .There are many such news in social media which is proven to be correct as we faced recently and return from Tblisi airport. I m writing this with shock and also to Minister of External affairs of India and many social media for an awareness .

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Georgia VISA

Dear all I m citizen of india working as a Sr.Engineer in an aviation industry with Valid Bahrain visa .During my recent holidays i planned to visit Tblisi with my Parents who are 70 -80 yrs respectively and came to Bahrain on visit visa .We went to Tblisi on 14th Oct 2017 and planned to return on 19th Oct. Tblisi being one of the top rated tourist destination we flew on 14th oct.I just want to bring your kind notice that instead of having all the travel documents which includes e visa , health insurance, hotel n tour booking and $1000 cash and debit and few premium credit card we were not allowed to enter Tblisi. Gergians b informed that ur Govt pathetic and insane and their survival is indian visa money .i would say to the Gergian visa issuing authorities not to issue visa in case they Don't want Indians to travel in their country. It's a shame that senior citizen of India being treated as a criminal in Tblisi and sent back in return flight .There are many such news in social media which is proven to be correct as we faced recently and return from Tblisi airport. I m writing this with shock and also to Minister of External affairs of India and many social media for an awareness .

13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Georgia VISA

Chandigarh, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Georgia VISA

Dear All

I am writing a sad story of a father of girl, medicine student in Georgia,happened on 27th OCT 2017.I came with my daughter to drop her apartment after her vacation, with 4 bags etc,I was sent back at Airport Tbilisi.Consider my Visa is sticker visa issued from the Georgian Embassy also keep in mind that I traveled with the same visa on 11th Sep to pick her also.I am having all the documents.Our corrupted Indian Embassy in Georgia dont support us.Last year through an agent I send her to Georgia.I am in a tragic situation please inform me how to go Tbilisi to transfer her apartment etc.

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Georgia VISA

I hd twitted this to MEA india..whole group of corrupted political leaders in our country ..never responded to support for a senior citizen which i posted on same page .A tragic moment our ministers busy twitting neighbouring country fr their visit in india ..

England, United...
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Georgia VISA

Rajesh T in post #5

Just who do you think you are ranting at here?!

This is a Tripadvisor Forum Board, and you are not communicating with any official Georgia entity here.

Either explain your problem more clearly, or look for the appropriate official Georgia government website, because because nobody here can deal with your issues .

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Georgia VISA

Thank you Mondial. I was just about to reply in much the same way. As you say Mr Rajesh has a problem with the Georgian Authorities and should address his "problem" there. It may be significant to say that here in Tbilisi and in other places too, there are literally thousands of guys and girls from India. Many are studying in the universities, and some are tourists. If Rajesh wants to do something useful for his Indian brothers and sisters, perhaps he could investigate the problems he had in a more pragmatic way and publish any pitfalls here. That would be more useful than his ranting and raving. Finally I do note that there are very few replies from Indians on these posts regarding the" persecution" of Indians by the Georgian Immigration.

Dudley_in_Tbilisi

Reply to: Georgia VISA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted