We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food prices for a family

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cootamundra...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
food prices for a family

hi i was just wondering if any one can give me an indication too wat i could be paying for food i have a 1 year old and a 4 year old we are staying at the holiday inn resort and break fast is included so we will have to buy lunch and dinner.

thanks

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food prices for a family

Are you looking at having lunches and dinners at the Holiday Inn Samantha? If so, why not just email them and ask. I'm sure they would be happy to give you an idea of prices.

I would encourage you to get out and about though and enjoy some of the other places to eat. Food prices are similar to Australian prices at most places, the exception being the local restaurants at the back of the fruit & vege markets which are very cheap. There are a wide range of places to eat from little cafes to expensive restaurants. You can also buy cheap fruit and veges and snacks at the markets and supermarkets. Locally made bread is cheap and totally delicious (don't buy imported Aussie bread unless you have a bottomless wallet), so you can pick up something to eat with it and/or on it and there is lunch.

Cheers, Barbara

New Zealand
Level Contributor
32 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food prices for a family

Hi Samantha, we stayed at the Holiday Inn with our two teenage children in January and it was great. The breakfast has an amazing selection and we came away so full each day that we really didnt need much lunch. A few days though we purchased a few things at the pool bar such as a pizza to share and a bowl of fries, there's a good selection burgers , toasted paninis, fish and chips, wedges, and salad rolls are just a few things I can remember.

From memory fries were 700vatu but it was a big bowl and the four of us shared them with a pizza which was 1400Vatu I think. Most things on the pool menu are between 700 and 1900Vatu hope this gives you an idea

Fizzy drinks are 450 Vatu a can

Water is free and drinkable

Lovely ice cream at the pool bar too 450vatu a cone, (try the coconut flavour just yummy) they also have a selection of cakes and chocolate bars.

Dinner buffets are 3500Vatu per person 12 years and over, with a different theme each night.

You can also eat off the lobby bar menu at anytime day or night it is the same as the pool menu with a few extras on it I think, with prices up to 2300 Vatu and they also offer a nightly special on this menu which varies.

We had the buffet one night and a bar meal another but the other evenings we went into town and ate, we were never real late back and made the most of the resort happy hours! In town we always found somewhere great to eat at and generaly cheaper than the resort.

A taxi to town for the 4 of you will cost 500 Vatu each way and they sit at the little rank on the driveway of the resort so as soon as you come out the entrance give them a wave and one will come along.

We ate at the Nambawan Cafe, Anchor Inn and Chill (bit more expensive than the other two but lovely)

We did a bit of shopping at the supermarket next to the fruit and veg market and this was very reasonably priced I thought and stocked everything we could have wanted. Nibbles and some fizzy for the kids and some beers for the adults!

There are always a lot of taxis and buses in the carpark next to the fruit and veg market ,outside the supermarket so you will never have any problems getting back to the resort day and night.

Hope this helps, have a lovely time

Justine

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food prices for a family

See this thread Samantha

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294144-i4912-k509…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: food prices for a family

450vt for a fizzy drink? 85vt individually or 75vt when purchasing a case of 24 from abm! now that's what i call a decent mark up

Cootamundra...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: food prices for a family

thanks heaps you were very helpfull.

Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: food prices for a family

Hi Samantha don't forget Kids Eat Free at the Holiday Inn Resort!

7. Re: food prices for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:16