We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VISA - Airport

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
VISA - Airport

Hello, I am coming to visit your country and was told I have to buy a tourist VISA to enter once I land at the airport. Can someone tell me where I need to go in order to buy the VISA? What paperwork is required? How much does it cost?

Thank you.

27 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: VISA - Airport

Did you need proof of round trip ticket or anything to show that you would be leaving the country within 90 days? Thanks!

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: VISA - Airport

Hi, it depends on which country you are from as to whether you need a visa. The price also differs, I have been a few weeks ago and had to pay $140 us. I am from New Zealand? Once you get through luggage, you will see a small office on your right. Immigration office. Very straight forward just hand over passport and us $ new notes only ( nothing torn) and $10 or $20 notes.they then take a photo and put your visa in your passport. I got multiple entry for a year. Hope this helps.

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: VISA - Airport

I did not have to show any tickets at all.

2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: VISA - Airport

great thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: VISA - Airport

We are going to Asuncion in August and are just as baffled as to the procedure for the Visa. Another question: will they except fresh from the bank $100.00 bills? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 00:52
Mentioned in this post
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: VISA - Airport

I just flew in early this morning. Ask your bank to get you crisp new $20s. They do take bigger bills, but I did see a sign regarding which series of 100s they don’t take, so maybe stick with smaller bills to be safe. It was a quick process and I did not need to provide any documents or fill out any forms.

Gold Coast...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: VISA - Airport

Hi

My friend and I are travelling to South America in AUG 2018. We are flying from Lima to Buenos Aires via Paraguay , we have a 4 hour wait in Paraguay Asuncion airport, and was wondering if we need a Visa for this.? Can anyone help we are Australians

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Reply to: VISA - Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted