We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VISA - Airport

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
16 reviews
VISA - Airport

Hello, I am coming to visit your country and was told I have to buy a tourist VISA to enter once I land at the airport. Can someone tell me where I need to go in order to buy the VISA? What paperwork is required? How much does it cost?

Thank you.

28 replies to this topic
2 posts
21. Re: VISA - Airport

Did you need proof of round trip ticket or anything to show that you would be leaving the country within 90 days? Thanks!

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
22. Re: VISA - Airport

Hi, it depends on which country you are from as to whether you need a visa. The price also differs, I have been a few weeks ago and had to pay $140 us. I am from New Zealand? Once you get through luggage, you will see a small office on your right. Immigration office. Very straight forward just hand over passport and us $ new notes only ( nothing torn) and $10 or $20 notes.they then take a photo and put your visa in your passport. I got multiple entry for a year. Hope this helps.

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
23. Re: VISA - Airport

I did not have to show any tickets at all.

2 posts
24. Re: VISA - Airport

great thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
25. Re: VISA - Airport

We are going to Asuncion in August and are just as baffled as to the procedure for the Visa. Another question: will they except fresh from the bank $100.00 bills? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 00:52
Chicago
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
26. Re: VISA - Airport

I just flew in early this morning. Ask your bank to get you crisp new $20s. They do take bigger bills, but I did see a sign regarding which series of 100s they don’t take, so maybe stick with smaller bills to be safe. It was a quick process and I did not need to provide any documents or fill out any forms.

Gold Coast...
1 post
27. Re: VISA - Airport

Hi

My friend and I are travelling to South America in AUG 2018. We are flying from Lima to Buenos Aires via Paraguay , we have a 4 hour wait in Paraguay Asuncion airport, and was wondering if we need a Visa for this.? Can anyone help we are Australians

28. Re: VISA - Airport

Hi,

Im a US citizen who is flying from Cordoba, Argentina to Panama City but have a layover in Asuncion. Do I need to apply for/pay for a transit visa? I will only be in the airport for about 8 hours but might have to recheck my bags. Any experience with this?

Reply to: VISA - Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted