We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit paraguay visa

Songkhla
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
transit paraguay visa

what criteria meet transit paraguay visa.

I plan to travel from Iguassue to Lapaz with connecting flight at Asuncion and Santacruz Viru Viru. The airline change time ,so we have to fly from Iguassue earlier and will arrive Asuncion on 1:10 am and will depart from Asuncion to Santacruz at 12:00.So if we still in airport do we need to apply visa. Because the airline offer hotel near airport for us,but we have to apply visa which Paraguay embrassy are not available in our country.It's not convenient for us to apply Paraguay visa,so we decide to stay in airport.But in final if any condition are mandatory to have Paraguay visa ,we had better stay in hotel .

Mentioned in this post
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Hotel Westfalenhaus
Hotel Westfalenhaus
#3 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
Hub Hotel Asuncion
Hub Hotel Asuncion
#4 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
Gran Hotel del Paraguay
Gran Hotel del Paraguay
#7 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
23 replies to this topic
Madison, Wisconsin...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transit paraguay visa

I'm a US citizen very interested in knowing the answer (or interpretation) to this question too.

I'm travelling from Iguacu to Cuidad del Este, and then taking a bus to Asuncion. I'm only staying in Asuncion long enough to fly to Santa Cruz, Bolivia (1 night).

Everything I've researched says Iguacu to Ciudad does not enforce Paraguayan visa requirements for anybody. However, I'm worried that flying out of Asuncion will require the airline authorities to check for a Paraguayan visa that I don't have.

Does anyone else have experience with short stop-over stays in Paraguay? Would you recommend getting a visa in advance or should I just try and deal with it at the airport if the authorities take exception?

Mentioned in this post
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Department, Bolivia
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transit paraguay visa

Have traveled to Paraguay many times. I would not even dream of trying to leave the airport in Asuncion without an entry stamp on a Paraguayan visa. They are hard core about things like this. Going from Iguacu to Ciudad may not be a big deal as you say but Asuncion and the airport is a different matter. Save yourself a major pain in the neck and get the visa ahead of time.

Mentioned in this post
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transit paraguay visa

I am flying from Santa Cruz Bolivia to São Paulo with a stop over in Asuncion, Paraguay. Transit is only for an hour and a half - I am a British citizen so do not need a visa but does anyone know if airport tax applies?

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transit paraguay visa

I am flying from Santa Cruz Bolivia to São Paulo with a stop over in Asuncion, Paraguay. Transit is only for an hour and a half - I am a British citizen so do not need a visa but does anyone know if airport tax applies?

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transit paraguay visa

Airport tax is almost always included in your ticket. Look at the fare breakdown and you should see a line for it.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transit paraguay visa

We plan to travel from Iguacu to Cuidad del Este by bus. Does anyone know if you can get a visa from customs on the way as you cross the border into Paraguay.

Mentioned in this post
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
sydney
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transit paraguay visa

Hi, I am looking to get a flight out of Paraguay. I would literally be in the country for a couple of hours. I am from Australia and am told I need a visa. I am currently in Argentina and obviously can't visit the Australian consulate in Australia for this. We would be crossing in at Ciudad del Este and going straight to Guarani airport. If we need a visa can you get it at the border?

Mentioned in this post
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Ciudad Del Este
Ciudad Del Este
2,229 Reviews
Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay
Hotel Guarani Asuncion
Hotel Guarani Asuncion
478 Reviews
Asuncion, Paraguay
Cambridge...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: transit paraguay visa

Anyone been recently (2015) who can describe the delays due to bridge repair, process of the Sala Blanca (International Health Clinic), customs, delays due to bridge repair, and getting one's passport stamped?

Borgarnes, Iceland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: transit paraguay visa

Anyone reading this in 2015 , you can obtain your visas from many Paraguayan consulates located throughout the border countries and major crossing points in Brazil and Argentina. Check out this link to find the location that suits you best http://www.embassypages.com/paraguay

Edited: 01 July 2015, 05:51
Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
State of Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transit paraguay visa

Hello,

I am flying from Sao Paulo to Cusco via Paraguay and have a 4.5 hours stopover @ Aeroporto Silvio Pettirossi Assunção (PY). If I stay inside the airport, do I still need a Transit visa?

Mentioned in this post
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Silvio Pettirossi Airport
Silvio Pettirossi Airport