We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tours from asuncion

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
day tours from asuncion

Hi, I have recently cone back from a great week in Paraguy, not long enough for this pretty, relaxed and interesting country with delightful people. I was travelling by myself and at no time did I feel unsafe. Although I didn't go walking far at night in asuncion, . I went on a great golden circuit day your with Pedro Martinez. He is more reasonably priced than others and his English is greattach as is his driving and knowledge. His son also takes tours if Pedro is full. They can also do tours to Encarnacion or do pickups and tours from there. Highly recommended. You can contact him at

pedromartinez312@hotmail.com or +595981259772.

Mentioned in this post
Encarnacion
Encarnacion
Itapua Department, Paraguay
2 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: day tours from asuncion

In June 2018, we went to Iguazu Fall and Itaipu on an overnight tour, leaving Asuncion at midnight, a guide will pick you up at the hotel to take you to the bus station (NSA bus- you can sleep on the bus) arriving in Ciudad del Este at 7AM, another Guide is waiting for you to take you to the Brazil side (we had already bought a $44 electronic visa to Brazil while in the US). The guide will take you thru immigration (very simple and fast) and then she (guide) took us to the Itaipu tour and then to the Iguazu Falls park (the fee for the park was $15). She waited for us then it took us back to C del Este to take the bus at 6:30PM and arrived in Asuncion by 11PM where another guide will drive you back to the hotel. It was a wonderful trip. Cost is $130pp.

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Ciudad Del Este
Ciudad Del Este
2,229 Reviews
Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Iguazu Falls
Iguazu Falls
38,624 Reviews
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Nottingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day tours from asuncion

Hi. My Golden Circuit has just been cancelled and I'm struggling to find an alternative at short notice which is affordable for one person. How did you find out about this guide? I can't see anything about him on the internet other than your post, which would normally worry me - but you did say you were happy travelling on your own with him - so presumably you felt safe and he was affordable.

Reply to: day tours from asuncion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted