We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
572 posts
358 reviews
Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

Is there an advantage to getting a visa from a Paraguayan consulate instead of at the airport (i.e. the visa is valid for more entries or a longer period of time)?

4 replies to this topic
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,665 posts
1 review
1. Re: Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

Welcome,

Have you tried to get one at the your local consulars office????

See if you can. Then do what you want. I was going to hop down to LA to syart mine but i had to get the money deposited into a bank account abd there were restrictions on how.

You NEED to do your own research on where your closest one is located. An reason is that Brazil offices all have different ways of doing it and maybe other countries too. The do iff e visas now, brazil, that is.

I did my paraguay at the airport. No problems, but we were last? Plane in snd i was last person to get my visa. READ AND FOLLOW the instructions. No if ands or buts.

Good luck

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
572 posts
358 reviews
2. Re: Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

I tried to get the info on the website of the Paraguayan consulate in Los Angeles, but if the info is there somewhere I couldn't find it. I suppose I could try calling the consulate, although my luck in getting through to someone when I call consulates isn't good.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,665 posts
1 review
3. Re: Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

Welcome back.

Its why i mentioned to do some research yourself.

Sometime life has a way of makeing tohose decisions for us.

Just call them and see what they say.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
44 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Visa on arrival versus consular visa?

Just get it at the airport.

All the info you need to know Lebelgo.

A passport is required to enter Paraguay. U.S. citizens arriving by air may obtain a "visa en arribo" (visa on arrival) at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport in Asuncion. This is a multiple entry visa with a validity of up to ten years. The current fee is $160, payable in U.S. dollars.

Reply to: Visa on arrival versus consular visa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted