We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Paulo - Asuncion - Argentian side of Iguazu Falls -

1 post
Save Topic
Sao Paulo - Asuncion - Argentian side of Iguazu Falls -

Hey

I know there has been discussion on this topic already so am aware that I would take a bus from Asuncion to i think CDE then to Brazil side of falls before taking a bus over to Argentinian side.

I am on a very tight budget so it was my idea to visit only the Argentinian side. It looks as though my current route would have me take a bus from Sao Paulo to Asuncion, then back into Brazil. After the falls I will be traveling Argentina - rough itinerary Cordoba, Mendoza, BA and Patagonia.

Therefore I am now questioning

- Am I going to be directly at the Brazilian side and therefore just pay the money and experience both?

- Am I doing it the wrong way round and I should go to the falls from Sao Paulo then to Asuncion?

- Is there not a way to go from Asuncion directly to Argentian side?

Really appreciate your help...Four months of solo decision making so far so could really use some insider knowledge! Bless people on this forum for taking the time to help other travellers!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
State of Sao Paulo
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Argentina
Mendoza
Mendoza
Province of Mendoza, Argentina
Patagonia
Patagonia
Argentina
2 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sao Paulo - Asuncion - Argentian side of Iguazu Falls -

Sao Paolo is way out of the way. If I could only afford to see one side, it would be the Argentinean side. It isn't clear where you are starting from, but if you want to go from Asunción to the argie side of the falls by bus, you have to either pass through Brazil or go way out of your way due to no other bridges close by. So if that means you have to pay for a visa for Brazil (no idea where you are from), I would sure go to both sides. There might be a way to take a boat from Puerto Presidente Franco or Los Cedrales, south of CDE on the Monday River (BTW there is another waterfall on the Monday River) into Argentina, although I don't know for sure how convenient that would be. The road to Los Cedrales was not paved last time I was there several years ago. Or possibly from Parque Bertoni, which is also worth a visit if you have time.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sao Paulo - Asuncion - Argentian side of Iguazu Falls -

Following