We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport

Here is an update on taking a taxi to and from the airport to downtown Asuncion.

The cost of a taxi from the airport to downtown Asuncion was 120,000 Guarani in November 2017. This is a set fee. I paid in Guarani, but I suspect they may accept USD. The airport is small. There doesn't appear to be an official taxi stand. If you exit from the left and head slightly to the right there is sort of a booth where they showed me a document with rates.

The hotel called a cab for me to return to the airport. I left at about 3 a.m. The fee was 100,000 Guarani from downtown Asuncion. It appears that this is the set amount regardless of when you leave.

Mentioned in this post
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Hotel Guarani Asuncion
Hotel Guarani Asuncion
476 Reviews
Asuncion, Paraguay
Hotel Westfalenhaus
Hotel Westfalenhaus
#3 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
Hub Hotel Asuncion
Hub Hotel Asuncion
#4 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
Gran Hotel del Paraguay
Gran Hotel del Paraguay
#6 of 60 hotels in Asuncion
6 replies to this topic
Orlando, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport

Good to know. Is there a 24-hr exchange? My bank couldn't get Guaranis.

Asuncion, Paraguay
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport

Yes at the airport when you arrive you can get exchange or atm

In asuncion is easy

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport

Thank you for taking the time to post this really useful info; we'll be arriving in Asuncion from Ciudad Del Este later this year. You mention ATMs in Asuncion, did you notice any in the airport itself? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Asuncion
Asuncion
Paraguay
Napier, New Zealand
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport

HI there are 2 atms at airport. However my Mastercard and visa card were rejected but was able to use it at the foreign exchange office. I used them through the rest of Paraguay no problem. I would carty enough us $incase of emergency.

Mentioned in this post
Paraguay
Paraguay
South America
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport

You should also be aware that certain ranges of serial numbers of US bills will not be accepted by currency exchanges.

www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=142882

If you walk out of the airport to the right a few hundred meters, you will find a bus stop that will take you into the city for a heck of a lot less than 120,000 guaraní. Like maybe 5 or 10k. Even if you have no idea where you are going as far as how to get to where you are staying, you could take the bus into the city and then a cab from there, and save quite a few thousand guaraní.

I have been to Asunción three times for a total of about a month and I never took a single taxi. Taxis are overrated. I have been on the road since early November and I just took my second taxi of the trip today, only because if I had taken the bus I would have to walk up 145 steps and by taking a cab I only had to walk down 40, and I have 27 kilos of luggage.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
712 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport

Thank you for the useful and informative replies homeopathysw11 and JacksonBuenosAires.

Reply to: Taxi from Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted