We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Redding, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Hi -- I will be traveling with two other women to PDE in January 2007, and we plan to stay in PDE for 3 nights. We have never been to PDE or to Uruguay. We are three single women and having a difficult time finding hotel rooms already! Is it too early too book and things are not released yet, or do most places require more than 3 nights at this time of year or is it just hard to find triple rooms?

The discoveruruguay.com website offers condos at a complex known as Torre del Triangulo. The rate is about $180 USD per night for a three bedroom condo. This seems pretty reasonable considering what else we've been able to find. I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of this place or has stayed there and can give me any input about its quality, location, etc. or has any other suggestions. Thanks!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Lot of apartments will be for rent in summer, but it will be very dificult to find one to be rented for 3 nights.

I don't know Torre del Triangulo, but I think it's one on Parada 2 (Brava Beach) which is a very good location.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

I just checked into those condos because I have friends who want to go with me and another friend. They rent for a week min. I wonder if you can "subrent it" from them (????) Though they will need it 5 nights Dec 28-Jan 2. It would be free Jan 2-Jan4. From my research even hotels require min 5 nights stay in Jan. So let me know if you're interested and maybe we can work out something like that.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Hi Kathy:

I was able to rent this condo for three nights (Jan 9 - Jan 12). I rented from Diego on Discoveruruguay.com and already received my voucher. I was charged $180 per night for the three bedroom, 2 bath condo which I found was much better than any hotel I could find, and since the testimonials on the website appeared to be good and Diego was very good at contacting me and answering my questions, I felt very good about the transaction. Perhaps your friends can contact him if they want to rent for less than a week. Thanks!

4. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2006, 23:59
Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

NETTSTER --- Welcome to Punta del Este! As you'll see when you arrive, this place is FULL the first half of January. You couldn't find hotel rooms because the good hotels fill up around 10 months in advance. Be sure to get your transportation to and from Punta resolved before long, also. And, to enjoy Punta, rent a car while here -- the "action" (restaurants, beaches, clubs, sights) is spread over 40 miles of coastline.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Is that $180/night for an entire 3 bedroom apartment??!!!.. or per person?

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

That price is for the apartment, it doesn't matter how many people comes. Is not per person. All the apartment are rented per day, week , month, etc; not per person.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

When I called I was charged $295/ night for 2 nights?? Do you think that's because it's really last minute and also b/c I only want 2 nights??

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

Maybe Nettster reserved the apartment some months ago. Maybe they have a special offer by that moment. I don't really know. But as there's almost nothing to book for the first 15 days of January, prices are higher now.

You can find some apartments to rent, but the owners won't rent them for less than 15 days. A nice 1 bedroom apartment, in a good location is rented between 800 and 1500 USD (15 days).

10. Re: Renting Condos in PDE (Torre del Triangulo)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2006, 01:08