We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best beaches of Punta Del Este

New York
1 post
The best beaches of Punta Del Este

I am looking forward to Punta in the 1st week Dec 06 yet of the many wonderful beaches no one stands above the other so I would value the opinion of the veterans of the Punta. Since its a haven for beautiful people looking forwards to the nitelife also

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
114 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

Well, I am not sure the temperature will be high enough to get in the water the first week of december...If I am reading you correctly. As for nightlife, same comment. Tourist arrive in droves after January first. Consider another destination, if what you want is a resort city in season. PDE is not in season December 6.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

what about Christmas week?

Im considering going there from Dec24-29th

and the Hotels are charging me up the YIN-YANG!

$350 a night!

jesus.. this place better be dope.. maybe I should just go back to brasil.. it's a sure thing!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

In christmas week Punta del Este strarts its season. Hotels are expensive, but youi can rent an apartment, and surely youl'll pay less!

Locojoe: The first week of Dec. is very nice in PdelE, but not for going to the beach. It won't be enough warm for swiming.

Nightlife starts from 24th Dec; before Christmas Punta del Este is very nice for people to relax, take a walk, bike riding... but if you want "noise" I don't think you'll find it the firtst week of December

GC, NY
Level Contributor
146 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

To be in season weather/nightlife what would be the best time to go?

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

From December 24th to February 28th

Royersford...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

Xmas is on a monday this year. Do u think things will be busy the preceeding weekend. I'm looking ti arrive on friday dec 22.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

Yes, the people will be arriving on friday's night. From then on Punta del Este will be completely full, especially till January 15 th.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

I fly into Montevideo on Xmas at 12noon from Santiago.. I'm then renting a car and heading to Jose Ignacio.. should this be difficult?.. I'm considering bringing my GPS device with me for the rental car..

where are the nice beaches!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
385 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

You'll love José Ignacio; is very nice.

I never rented a car on Xmas, but may be it'll be a bit dificult, I think.

New York City
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: The best beaches of Punta Del Este

We are considering a trip to Punta in mid-February. Is the ocean warm enough for swimming?

We would probably stay in La Barra. We will have our two children along, ages 11 and 10. Is this a good area for restaurants and relaxing? We would have a rental car.

Also, we would be there during Carnival (when hotel rates are high). Are there events/parades during Carnival in Punta, or not really?

Gracias.

Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este